Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What players return for 2013-14 season?

DeadExField

It all depends on if Hall and Moss are willing to restructure their deals. We can save 7+ mill in cap space and that would be huge in terms of signing one of two impact players, the ability to restructure DHall, Moss and possibly Trent will dictate how our offseason goes and how active we can be in Free Agency.

Going down the Roster:

Offense

Rex- Gone

Helu, Royster- both KEPT. Ppl forget that Shanny traded up for Helu, he had a very nice season in '11. (1000+ all purpose) and if shanahan didn't waste his "IR- designated to return" card on the long snapper, Roy would have probably been around for the playoff push. He is a great complement to Morris and should have an increased workload early in the season in RG isn't ready.

Moss- if he doesn't restructure, I could see him gone. He's a good player and rebounded nicely in 12, but with the salary cap situation, I don't see a way for him on the squad, especially with Garcon in the mix for a whole year.

Hank- I've seen a lot of people hating on Hank and I get it: he alligator arms, his concentration isn't there, and he just looks very uncoordinated. We forget that he played basically one game in '11 and that he essentially had his rookie season this year. Keep him on as the 3rd or 4th WR and be patient with his development. Young WR's have erratic growth curves.

Davis- achilles are troublesome, so I'd make sure that he checks out 100% before any offer is seriously discussed. He meshed nicely with RG3 and should be willing to take a smaller deal, even a one year, to reestablish his value

Litchensteiger- I think LeRibeus is ready to step up and I think while Kory did an admirable job, he could easily be replaced, if not by Josh, by Gettis or a draft pick. Not worth the long term deal, IMO

Polumbus- He is an above average utility lineman who shouldn't be starting, but the coaching staff should be comfortable plugging him in at any position. That's worth something, so he should stay.

Also gone: Banks, Briscoe, Cooley, Keiland Williams, Tristan Davis

Defense:

Golston- Stay if he signs at a reasonable rate

Baker- serviceable, but Neild is better, and the team needs a space Eating NT, either through the draft of FA

Alexander- Must be resigned

Rob Jackson- Wildcard- Depends on how the market develops, but I could see a desperate team overpaying him. For a reasonable rate, I'd like to see him back

Deangelo Hall- The crux of our offseason must be spent on determining what to do with Hall. Due a massive salary in 2013 and if he is not able to give back the BULK of it, I'd cut him and sign a Sean Smith type

Wilson- Keep for one year, but should not be starting. A good 3rd CB in my opinion

Madooo- Good riddence

Reed- Keep, only as a backup, special teamer, actually would keep him as the 5th safety.

Merriweather- earned a right to compete for the SS spot in camp. Cheap contract

Gomes- Hasn't shown much at all, could easily be replaced in draft/ Bernstein is better I believe.

Also Gone:

Kehl, Muckelroy, So'oto, Worthington

Absolutely no way Helu is going anywhere. He is the perfect 3rd down and change of pace back for this offense. He's fast as hell, plays almost as tough as Morris and is a threat to take it the distance after the catch. People have forgotten all about how good he was last year because we didn't get to see him this year. I don't see Royster going anywhere either but certainly not Helu. I'm very excited to see what he can add to our offense next year. He may see plenty of time not only as the 3rd down back but also in the pistol with RGIII and Morris.

Completely agree. To be honest I have no clue what injury kept him out this year but it must have been significant. If he is 100% then he certainly comes back.

There are so many players that will return for 13-14, impossible to list them all. A few that I want to see are Orakpo,Rob Jackson, Fred Davis, Golston, and Josh Wilson.

Archived