Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lady Luck might be on our side.

gaterskins

do you feel like we have been lucky so for with all the injuries to teams we are playing??? at first it was the Jets, then Atlanta, back then the Giants and Tampa Bay was healthy, now, they have a number of key injuries:

FB Mike Alstott, neck sprain, out

WR Joe Jurevicius, right knee sprain, out

LB Jack Golden, left foot sprain, out

CB Brian Kelly, left pectoral strain, doubtful

WR Keyshawn Johnson, left thigh bruise, very questionable

LB Shelton Quarles, left forearm fracture/elbow dislocation, questionable

RB Aaron Stecker, right knee sprain, questionable

WR Karl Williams, left hamstring, questionable

FB Darian Barnes, shoulder sprain, probable

DE Greg Spires, right calf strain, probable

S Jermaine Phillips, right hamstring strain, probable

if only Sapp and Rice, and Broocks get hurt we will be alright.

just kidding! i never wish anybody get hurt but we are lucky when it comes to teams we are playing thats hurt, we just have to capatalize on it.. I bet all year we will be playing teams that is missing key players and all we have to do is beat them.. it didn't happend with Philly :( but can it happen this week with Tampa?

:cheers:

You're very correct about earning respect. However, I wouldn't worry too much about that until later this year. We just need to keep getting the Ws we can now. When things shake out later on this year and we have a game where we can earn some respect, we should step up to the plate!

I'm less worried about respect and more worried about being above .500 going into the BYE.

I don't really rate wins...if we win, then we win. If we somehow get to 10 wins this year and people want to rip on it...fine by me! I'll be watching playoff games. You can't worry about respectable wins at all.

Have we learned nothing?

Well coached teams that have alot of injuries tend to rally around each other and compensate for their loss in talent by playing better as a team. This was true when we had Gibbs it was also true when we played the so-called ''injury depleted'' Patriots and Eagles this year.

I expect nothing less than a maximum effort balls-out performance from the Gruden coached Bucs next week. IF we win it will not be because of their injuries.

you win respect by winning games, plain and simple. if the Redskins had taken care of business against the Eagles, all that would have been said is 'look at those surprising Redskins out ahead of the NFC East at 4-1' :)

no one remembers after the season is over who you played or what condition their team was in.

I guess you can call it lucky, but for the most part, I rather be good. The Skins should be able to kick the living stuff out of teams banged up as bad as the Pats, Atlanta, and Philly, yet we squeeked by on two, and lost one. A win is a win is a win, but the Skins need to get it together real quick, we face some solid teams that aren't as dinged up.

I see it more as we have been lucky to win the way we have stomped on our own winkies in every game.

Archived