Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley on mike and mike right now

benskins26

Sorry if I sound stupid, but what does this mean? I live in the UK; is it from a tv show or something?

It's a movie from the 1990s about a kid who desperately tries to play football for Notre Dame (college) but he never gets a shot, until at the end he gets to play one play and makes a first down. Its a pretty well known sports movie and a popular reference about an underdog getting a chance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_(film)

That's Mike and Mike in a nutshell. They honestly aren't that good or knowledgeable. About midway through this season, they called our defense excellent.

Greenberg was calling it elite like 2 weeks ago. Said it was one of the top defenses in the league, and was a major reason why we were winning. I almost choked.

Remember the game ...don't remember Tuna's look, :ols:

Yeah, I would almost work in a safe route here and there for #47 to get the crowd going ... honeslty.

I disagree with the idea that we should run specific routes for Cooley when it would be more beneficial to get the ball in Morris, Garcon, Morgan and Moss's hands as much as possible, I absolutely love the play action pass to an HB/H-Back in the flats from about the 5 yard line. It seriously seems to work every time in this league no matter who runs it. And I trust Cooley's hands more than Niles Paul or even Darrel Young to hang on to it. If we run a play such as that, I see no reason it should not be called for Cooley, unless they feel they'd prefer Paul's speed to get open and the likelihood he'll hold on over the slower but more sure-handed Cooley. Either way, #47 certainly plays his role and gives it his all no matter what he's been asked to do.

It's a movie from the 1990s about a kid who desperately tries to play football for Notre Dame (college) but he never gets a shot, until at the end he gets to play one play and makes a first down. Its a pretty well known sports movie and a popular reference about an underdog getting a chance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_(film)

not to be a stickler but rudy played defense.

he got a sack.

Archived