Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF Thread

Skins26

See Clark cant handle this because its all new to him and he's jumping offsides. Its new to our entire team pretty much. Therefore we have many false starts.

By the way an interesting stat, do you all know who the only offensive linemen on our team is without a false start penalty??? I'll go ahead and tell you, its Randy Thomas. Now he may have it easier since he's next to the C but still, he just plays smarter.

Correct me if i'm wrong... but did John Madden just say: "When the referee points to the ground, that means the whistle had blown the play dead."

Man, I think he's getting old or something. He's usually on top of sh*t like that. lol.

No I think Madden has passed from this world into the realm of senility. He frequently has no clue what is going on and launches into rote monologues which are tantamount to a caricature of himself.

he was the best -- now he just sounds old to me.

Originally posted by Blazers21

After watching this, the Eagles didn't look so bad against the Bucs a few weeks ago.

They didn't??

Ok, after that penalty, now I'll agree with you (but the offense looked just as bad). This is a comedy of errors for the Colts.

Originally posted by NavyDave

Chucky has tampon running no huddle a B Johnson avoids a sack and his duck of a pass goes for a flukey TD

It's a working night for me but I thought I would check in and had to respond to this.

Sorry Navy but that was a well designed play to exploit the Mike down the pipe.*

The safetys were drawn under by the two guys running curls and the reciever who caught the ball blew past the Mike LB who was left to cover him alone.

"The Mike down the pipe"

If every Cover 2 team ran Cover 2 all the time, the defense would be more transparent than the plot of Girls Gone Wild. Even Tampa switches up by sending Quarles down the middle of the field -- the pipe -- to cover the deep third of the secondary. On long-yardage passing downs, a Cover 2 team expects deep crossing routes, but it wants opponents to throw short, underneath passes. Putting a 'backer in deep pass coverage, usually just beyond the first-down marker, forces the quarterback to risk throwing over him or to play it safe with underneath stuff. Quarles shades in the direction of the No. 1 receiver, giving the Bucs a sneaky double-team.

Sending the Mike down the pipe helped force three of Rich Gannon's five picks in Super Bowl XXXVII. And, of course, teams around the league are following the Bucs' lead. The Rams send Tommy Polley. Miami does it with Zach Thomas, the Colts with Rob Morris. The Mike is the exception that improves the rule.

Wow, i bet Trung and Ladell are watching this cringing seeing the hits these RB's are taking.

We need a real tough RB someone that's gonna run somebody over for this game, and no Betts is not that guy, he doesnt run with enough power he actually uses more shiftyness than power. Maybe this is the week to unleash the beast! SUUUUUUUULLLLLLTTTTTTTAAAAAAAANNNNNNN MUCCULLOUGH!

Why is anyone down on Doss? He has more interceptions than Jacobs does catches. He's also a starter in the NFL in his rookie season. 2 things i'd rather have than Danny boy's "Okay Steve, you can have 1 Gator" promise at the draft.

Hahahaha!!

So THIS is the Tampa team the Skins have a 'good' chance of beating on Sunday, eh? :laugh:

Yep, this defense doesn't look nearly as tough as that rookie riddled Philly secondary or that ferocious New England team with 4 defensive starters missing :laugh: :laugh:

God, save us from the uninitiated :evil:

Originally posted by bulldog

So THIS is the Tampa team the Skins have a 'good' chance of beating on Sunday, eh? :laugh:

Yep, this defense doesn't look nearly as tough as that rookie riddled Philly secondary or that ferocious New England team with 4 defensive starters missing :laugh: :laugh:

God, save us from the uninitiated :evil:

maybe they will look past us.....maybe, hopefully

Ummmm.........Jacobs has had a bruised pancreas and that was the first game he saw action in. It isnt his fault it was an unfortunate injury.

I love Mike Doss, i wanted us to draft him, but he's given up 2 TD's already. Plus Iffy is playing great right now, and Doss is not an upgrade.

I like Taylor, so far he's been thrown 1 ball and he caught it! Not much more he can do.

Archived