Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucs & Bills will tell all...

Fan4life

The next 2 games will tell the story for our season. Why, with a crappy lost we just had. Moral is already down. I cant say that Spurrier is a motivator like other coaches...Dick Vermeil...etc. With that said. We loose to the Bucs, then head into Buffalo vs their defense and Drew B. We loose that one...and our season is pretty much wrote up for the REdskins. I hate to say it. But the next 2 games will be CRUCIAL very crucial.

why are the next two game so critical...at the beginning of the season we all said if we make it out of the first 7 games at 4-3 or 3-4 we would be in prime position to make a playoff push..i still feel that way....even though this team makes some stupid mistakes it still has been in every game..

Originally posted by orlskinsfan

why are the next two game so critical...at the beginning of the season we all said if we make it out of the first 7 games at 4-3 or 3-4 we would be in prime position to make a playoff push..i still feel that way....even though this team makes some stupid mistakes it still has been in every game..

I think with the team playing better then we thought, we want more now :) We should be 5-0 right now that is what sucks. :(

I can understand us wanting more now jbooma but in all reality this is a very young team....we just have to except the growing pains and i still believe we will make the playoffs...lose in the first round and come out swinging next year and make a push for the superbowl.

Kilmer, What about a 3-5 start?

After yesterday and especailly after reading the post game comments and hearing about the jovial loker room, I'm fairly sure this team lacks the gumption, desire, will, work ethic, professionalism, dedication and heart to beat either the Bills or the Bucs, and Bill Parcells and the Cowboys will show this team how professional athletes get it done.

That's 3-5 going into the bye if you ask me.

I agree that these next two games are important for the teams groth, but as for the life or death of the season...that will not be decided until the second half where we are heavily loaded with divison games and road contests. This team is so close right now to being something special in a league that is very close. I will be the first to admit that yesterday felt like being kicked in the stomach. But we have to correct these mistakes and take our place in history.

[

That's 3-5 going into the bye if you ask me. [/b]

I just think momentum is so key. And not sure how Spurrier motivates his teams. But after the by week We have 3 top notch teams to play not including Rough NFC matchups.

Seattle, Carolina and Miami...say we go 3-5 and then loose these 3 non conference games..we are screwed with another 8-8 record. Saying we win all the NFC games left.

Im just realistic...and feel like the next 2 games heading into the bye week will make or end our season.

The real question now is: How will Ramsey rebound?

He is likely to get crushed against Tampa. Can he come back after two straight miserable performances and get back into his groove with full confidence? That's a big key to not only this season, but our future as well!!

Originally posted by riggo-toni

The real question now is: How will Ramsey rebound?

He is likely to get crushed against Tampa. Can he come back after two straight miserable performances and get back into his groove with full confidence? That's a big key to not only this season, but our future as well!!

I personaly think RAMSEY is the real deal. But again...he also needs to step up as a leader. Meaning, when its loud in our home crowd. He needs to raise his hands and calm down the crowd. This would give his OL a chance if he has to audible. He of course is still YOUNG..so we cant expect him to be Joe Montana ya know.

But for a 5-2 record as a young QB is still impressive. He is yet to show his full leadership. I would to see him in control of the offense like P Manning or Drew B. HE does have a stronger arm then the 2 I would say. but the head is still in developement.

Fingers crossed!!! for TB.

I think we'll beat the Bills, but I don't see us beating the Bucs unless we get a visit from the pass protection fairy. Can you picture Sapp against Dockery?

:doh:

That puts us 4-3 going into the BYE week. At the beginning of the season, we (me included) all would have been extremely happy with this start and making plans for playoff parties. However, we counted on 2 wins against the Cowboys, and a win against the Panthers. Now, those games are looking a lot more tough. Don't get me wrong, they are still VERY winable games, just a lot tougher than originally anticipated.

I still expect us to make the playoffs, but that will happen only if the coaching staff starts holding players accountable for their mistakes and not expecting them to "hold themselves accountable" as Coach put it. If we don't fix our problems with audibles, and stop committing STUPID penalties, it will be a long 12 weeks.

I still think that we'll be 4-3 at the bye week. It's just now I think we'll beat the Bills (hey, if the Bengals can force OT, surely we can do it), instead of (as I had hoped) beating the Giants. And from my perspective, 4-3 start means at least a 9-7 record, hopefully 10-6.

Archived