Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboyzone asks: Romo or rgiii? Lol

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I don't get the negative Cam Newton comparison. When all is said and done, his stats will end up almost the same as last year. His passer rating might even be slightly higher.

Yeah, but his team is awful again and he's had a lot of pouting issues this year. Cam tends to not make plays when it counts and he has been shut down several times this season. He's really only just finding his groove right now.

People are basically saying that next year, when they "figure RG3 out", our team will stink and he won't be able to adjust. Which we know isn't true.

A few quotes

I don't agree with this statement. I mean, yes RG3 is having a great year, especially in light of the fact that he is a rookie but to say that he is already a better decision maker is a stretch IMO. He plays in a much more simplified offense then does Romo sits to pee. In fact, Romo sits to pee plays in one of the most complicated offenses in the league. It's a different animal all together. In order to be able to say taht RG3 is a better decision maker, he would have to illustrate that by executing in a more complicated, more complex offense and that has not happened.

So that explains the choking....:ols:

RG3 wouldn't be able to handle our WR's.

They wouldn't listen to him.

That is just funny!

Pick any running QB who has come into the NFL, helped his team lead the league in rushing with a mediocre-bad passing game, taken alot of big hits due to high numbers of rushing attempts and then gradually fallen off once their ability to run started to fail them and the windows got tighter.

It's happened - every - single - time. It's unlikely RG3 will be any different. When you've spent your entire life playing the game one way, and benefitting from that style because the run threat wreaks havoc on the defense, noone has shown the ability to completely change their style once their legs go and they need to start protecting themselves.

Can't believe all the RG3 love in here. He is Cam Newton 2.0. Once people see more tape on him he will be very limited.

....ok, and Romo sits to pee is Jeff George 2.0...

I might be tempted, but the question is moot because the Redskins would laugh at the suggestion.

Look, I found a non-homer cowboys fan!

I was at the Skins game in Dallas and trust me, they ALL WANT RG3. Thats all they talked about, saying they don't like the Skins but cheer for RG3. Of course I gave them the side-eye and said that you guys will prob be better off becoming Skins fans. Never mind that, alot of their fans have already converted to the Skins. Some fans were confused, wearing a half cowgirls and half Skins shirts with a Baylor towel. That spoke volumes.

I need to dissect this post

2. "RG3 throws it to his first man who is always wide open because of his scheme " The reads are Handoff, Keep, or Throw and in throwing there are more than one receiver in patterns usually the quick slant or bubble screen. lots of choices that have to be mad in the blink of an eye

"

I'll add that every single QB in the league would throw to their first read, if they were wide open every time. What is bad about a scheme that gets receivers open?

Archived