Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Medal of Honor Warfighter. Anybody have it yet?

EBoz

I played the beta...it is getting terrible reviews. Believe gameinformer gave it a 5/10. If your looking for a game like this but better go with BF3 or wait for Black ops 2..

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/medal_of_honor_warfighter/b/xbox360/archive/2012/10/25/a-medal-of-awful.aspx

Thanks for the info man.

Yeah I have BF3 and play that quite frequently. I was looking and I saw that if you get MOH Warfighter that it comes with Battlefield 4 beta. I wasn't even aware BF4 was on the way.

The first one was horrible. i made the mistaek of buying it. :(

and as ST said, the new one is getting crappy reviews as well. I haven't played the beta, but i'd definitely suggest doing so if you are thinking about buying it.

I don't understand the negativity. I love it. It's not BF3 or COD, its a different genre. You work in two man teams and if executed correctly - you win. The players SUCK that I've been randomly assigned to because most don't use headsets - combat effectivity is directly correlated to communication...without it you fail!

I like it. Goonie55 is my XBL tag. If you get it, look me up.

Hail

I don't understand the negativity. I love it. It's not BF3 or COD, its a different genre. You work in two man teams and if executed correctly - you win. The players SUCK that I've been randomly assigned to because most don't use headsets - combat effectivity is directly correlated to communication...without it you fail!

I like it. Goonie55 is my XBL tag. If you get it, look me up.

Hail

Thanks for the reply and I'm considering it. Online reviews can be helpful but I like to play the game myself to see since it's all about what you like.

When you say you work in two man teams is that all you do? I mean is there nothing like team death match where it's 6 vs 6 or 12 vs 12?

The problem with the first one was that the snipers were way over powered. Like, if you go to the forums for the last medal of honor (if they're still up), that was the community's biggest complain.

The whole "shut up and deal with it" or "there are counters for everything in an FPS" arguments don't really hold water with the first medal of honor. I actually still have the first one that came out a few years ago, and popped it in a while back just to see if the online community was still alive. I played it's version of domination, an objective based game, and like 6 of the 8 people on my team were in the back of the map sniping. I tried to run towards an objective and was sniped immediately from 300 yards away. hit eject and took the game right out :ols:

hopefully they've balanced things some for the new one.

Thanks for the reply and I'm considering it. Online reviews can be helpful but I like to play the game myself to see since it's all about what you like.

When you say you work in two man teams is that all you do? I mean is there nothing like team death match where it's 6 vs 6 or 12 vs 12?

4 two man teams vs 4 two man teams for the majority. Capture the flag is 3 two man teams vs 3 two man teams.

Snipers hit you and take 90% of your life unless its a headshot and instant kill. Thing with this game is there are no wide open areas like the first one. There is always cover and hardly anywhere for someone to pitch a tent (unless you can't get there i.e. the opposing spawn site). Seems there is an avenue of approach undefended all the time. May change once more tactical players get a better feel.

Demolitions seem* overpowered. 100% life, overshield (another 100% life), and all kinds of explosive lickey cheweys. Very slow movement speed though.

Real fun. I'm a BF3 guy and its a nice rendition of the frostbite 2 engine. Aesthetically pleasing and stuff blowing up everywhere is so cool its almost distracting.

4 two man teams vs 4 two man teams for the majority. Capture the flag is 3 two man teams vs 3 two man teams.

Snipers hit you and take 90% of your life unless its a headshot and instant kill. Thing with this game is there are no wide open areas like the first one. There is always cover and hardly anywhere for someone to pitch a tent (unless you can't get there i.e. the opposing spawn site). Seems there is an avenue of approach undefended all the time. May change once more tactical players get a better feel.

Demolitions seem* overpowered. 100% life, overshield (another 100% life), and all kinds of explosive lickey cheweys. Very slow movement speed though.

Real fun. I'm a BF3 guy and its a nice rendition of the frostbite 2 engine. Aesthetically pleasing and stuff blowing up everywhere is so cool its almost distracting.

I'm a BF3 guy myself and that's pretty much all I play with an occasional round or two of COD.

When I saw it was running Frostbite 2 that is what originally got me interested because as you said, that's what BF3 uses.

I might go ahead and pick it up. Thanks for the info man.

Archived