Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buc's Talib suspended 4 games for Adderall

DogofWar1

Aqib Talib of Tampa Bay Buccaneers Suspended 4 Games for Adderall

Unfortunate for him, especially since from his statement it seems like he might have actually learned a lesson. Talib is definitely a good player, but his run-ins with the league definitely pose a serious problem for him.

Obviously the Redskins might have interest in him after this year. A suspension probably drives down his value in the market regardless of where he ends up.

Aqib Talib of Tampa Bay Buccaneers Suspended 4 Games for Adderall

Unfortunate for him, especially since from his statement it seems like he might have actually learned a lesson. Talib is definitely a good player, but his run-ins with the league definitely pose a serious problem for him.

Obviously the Redskins might have interest in him after this year. A suspension probably drives down his value in the market regardless of where he ends up.

No thanks. Don't need Another ex buc secondary on the verge of a year long suspension.

No thanks. Don't need Another ex buc secondary on the verge of a year long suspension.

Only problem is, we do not have enough high picks to reload every position that we need to sure up. And with the 18mil dock in cap "again" next year, we wont be able to do too much in FA as well.

With this his value with drop, and he maybe a good stop gap until 2014. Where we wont have a 1st rounder, but at lease we will have 18mil back in our cap. So do I want Talib? In our current circumstances I would say yes, if we didnt trade our 1st in 2013/14 and can invest those in starting CBs/Safeties. Then I would say avoid Talib.

But it is what it is, we may see Tanard Jackson and Talib here, hopefully they learned better.

Only problem is, we do not have enough high picks to reload every position that we need to sure up. And with the 18mil dock in cap "again" next year, we wont be able to do too much in FA as well.

With this his value with drop, and he maybe a good stop gap until 2014. Where we wont have a 1st rounder, but at lease we will have 18mil back in our cap. So do I want Talib? In our current circumstances I would say yes, if we didnt trade our 1st in 2013/14 and can invest those in starting CBs/Safeties. Then I would say avoid Talib.

But it is what it is, we may see Tanard Jackson and Talib here, hopefully they learned better.

The way I look at it one or two players in free agency and one or two in the draft isn't to much. Either sign a CB and draft an RT in the second or the reverse.

It just chaps my ass to spend time on a guy, who may not see the field because they are a moron. Retard Jackson was supposed to be our answer at FS, but the guy is too stupid and couldn't stop smoking pot for 5 minutes. Anyways, is there a reason Hall or Wilson won't be back next year? I find them to be serviceable. We're better off spending any FA money on a safety that isn't stupid.

The thing with Talib, at least as far as future contracts are concerned, is that he's going to come with a huge discount wherever he goes. I could see him ending up with a cheap one year contract somewhere, or a very low guarantee contract. Something like what Rogers or Landry got, a cheap "prove-it" deal.

Talib is probably the 2nd best corner in the FA market this year, behind DRC, but while DRC will probably net close to 10M/year over something like 5-7 years with over half guaranteed, Talib will probably be lucky to get half that. IMO, that's not a bad deal IF the guaranteed money stays low. It's risky, but the payoff would be significant, and considering he's not going to be another Jammal Brown as far as guaranteed money is concerned (we're still paying off that mistake), he might be worth it. Evaluate his character at the end of the year, see if he's on-board as a team player, and then make a decision.

I mean, Trent Williams got suspended for 4 games last year, and he looks like a focused monster out there week-in week-out now. If Talib has a similar epiphany, he'd be a huge pick-up.

Also, there would be some great irony in Talib focusing himself and his game after being suspended for taking Adderall.

Archived