Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Kobe Bryant's career overstated?

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Makes sense. If you win the scoring title and DPOTY, you should win the MVP. Who could have a better claim?

That season has to be the greatest season a perimeter player has ever had.

I equate that with his 1991 Finals where he put up 31 ppg and 11 apg shooting 54% from the floor. Just staggering. Scary really.

Even if LeBron equates MJ's 1988 season in awards it won't be as impressive now because the Heat are much better than the 1987-88 Bulls. It'd be the equivalent of him doing it with the Cavs Scottie was a rookie. Not close to the Pippen who was Robin on 6 championship teams. When you have that kind of player on your team and you only get to 50 wins, that says something. The rest of the team, isn't that good.

I equate that with his 1991 Finals where he put up 31 ppg and 11 apg shooting 54% from the floor. Just staggering. Scary really.

Even if LeBron equates MJ's 1988 season in awards it won't be as impressive now because the Heat are much better than the 1987-88 Bulls. It'd be the equivalent of him doing it with the Cavs Scottie was a rookie. Not close to the Pippen who was Robin on 6 championship teams. When you have that kind of player on your team and you only get to 50 wins, that says something. The rest of the team, isn't that good.

Well the flip side of that is LeBron's team is too good for him to ever get close to Jordan's 35 PPG that season. He'll never match that season statistically, even if his level of play is the same. And LeBron is the only player good enough all around with a hope of matching that season I expect to see for a long time. Thus I think Jordan's season will stand as the best a perimeter player will have.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2012 at 07:00 PM ----------

This is what I'm talking about with Kobe being heavily overrated. It should be obvious he doesn't belong in a discussion with MJ as the greatest. People shouldn't even bring it up, that's how obvious it is. And yet we here it brought up all the time, completely straight faced.

Oh and LeBron doesn't belong either Dickie V. Not yet...

Archived