Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

L.A. Times: Robert Griffin III has a solid debut for Redskins

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-robert-griffin-redskins-20120810,0,4973923.story

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The Washington Redskins prepared quarterback Robert Griffin III for his rookie debut by throwing all sorts of looks at him— an array of different fronts, a slew of adjustments before the snap, every exotic blitz they could devise.

"Our defense has done a good job giving him every kind of crazy look possible," Redskins receiver Josh Morgan said. "Once he sees all the crazy stuff, he gets in a game and he's like, `I've seen way worse than this.'"

So when Griffin took the field against the Buffalo Bills on Thursday, taking full advantage of his mere 14 snaps, he showed zero panic and complete panache.

[...]Although those aren't welcome words to the Bills, who have spent a fortune assembling a dream defensive line, this was only an preseason opener. Young quarterbacks have looked dazzling against vanilla schemes, only to struggle when the games really count.

Still, Griffin looked entirely at ease, and might have completed all six passes but for one to tight end Niles Paul that was jarred loose by a big hit and a third-down throw to receiver Pierre Garcon, who an official ruled didn't get both feet inbounds.

In all, it was a top-notch debut for the No. 2 overall pick, who not only barely broke a sweat but said he was never touched — even with starting offensive lineman and his fullback sitting out because of injuries.

[...]The only time the Bills made contact with the quarterback came when Griffin tried to make a tackle after a botched handoff resulted in a fumble.

[...]Garcon got his start with Peyton Manning in Indianapolis. Manning used to joke that when Garcon was a rookie, he never uttered a peep, but then once he started talking no one could shut him up.

That looked to be the case on the Redskins' sideline, as more than once TV cameras caught Griffin staring silently at the action, with Garcon standing next to him happily yammering away.

Think maybe we could merge all these reports about Robert's first outing from different outlets into one thread OP, so the same talk is in one thread and not spread over multiple ones?

Not knocking you putting them up Cali man, it's greatly appreciated. That was more for which ever mod is currently up.

Hail.

No panache for you!!

Think maybe we could merge all these reports about Robert's first outing from different outlets into one thread OP, so the same talk is in one thread and not spread over multiple ones?

Not knocking you putting them up Cali man, it's greatly appreciated. That was more for which ever mod is currently up.

Hail.

GHH has a point, there are four or five article threads on the first page right now, it lacks the panache that a compact thread could have. It is more like a stack of pancakes out there right now.

:rotflmao:...You're on a roll lol...

(set up for a joke right there...)

I am going to try and use pancakes and panache as much as possible this year, these are now my go to words.

I think I panached my finger in the car door this morning.

Wrap it in a warm pancake, but don't let the dog see it. Put Panache outside until the pain subsides.

DVC00015.jpg

Archived