Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How to beat Dallas

Darth Tater

Okay, since no one has started this yet, I guess I will.

What I think:

Force turnovers, the 'Girls are -7 in that department.

Don't allow them cheap scores by turning it over ourselves.

Looks like we might see some deeper passing in this game.

Best way to neutralize their running attack is to make them play from behind.

Sorry, Banks is a "backs against the wall type of guy". He is a bit slower getting started and the way the cowpokes use the D is with speed. This will NOT, repeat will NOT stop Banks, but he at first will be eyeing things for Raye in the second QTR, after we use the scripts (meaning we should have some form of possession at 50-70% of the time).

I couldn't even elaborate more yet, since the very things that used to give us problems with this team has passed.

Ask yourself, in the first game who beat the Skins.

Nuff Said.

<FONT COLOR="Yellow">GO SKINS!!!</FONT c> caveman.gif

You have to force Quincy Carter to beat you with his arm. We have to play Dallas the same way we played Philly last week. Stuff their running game as much as possible and put a spy on Carter and keep him in the pocket. The guy is not very accurate throwing deep.

I would rather use an axe handle, but I guess your way will work hammer.gif

Smith has shown flashes of his prime at times this season, but I do think we can handle him at this point. Looking forward to the matchups in the secondary. Will we go man up. Champ on Rocket, with Fred on Galloway? The past two weeks Shade has been doing much better in coverage, so lets see how productive Harris is. Our D should dominate this bunch in a very big way. This time, we pound it down their throat with a mix of Davis and Carter. Their line wont know weather to sh!t or go blind. I also think their corners are screwed this time out. I expect a major blowout this time.

joint.gif

------------------

Steal your face right off your head

[edited.gif by Pete on November 27, 2001.]

The ONLY way Dallas can win this game is by establishing their running game, and/or capitalizing on our mistakes. Smith and Hambrick can both run the ball pretty well, but certainly no better than the Anderson/Gary combination we dealt with two weeks ago.

The most disappointing aspect of our Monday night loss to the Pokes was how easily they managed to drive down the field following Davis's fumble.

Bottom line, protect the football and jam the middle, the game is ours. Champ and Smoot can take Galloway and Rocket man to man. I'd rather be playing this game against Leaf, but there's no excuse to lose this game, no matter who they start at QB.

We have every reason to think that the Skins should take this one without much effort if the same team that just played the Eagles shows up at FedEx next weekend.

But we've been saying that the last 3 years...and got our asses handed to us by the Pokes every game.

This is a game the Skins could EASILY lose. The D-Line has had problems with the Pokes O-line forever it seems like. When was the last time a Cowboy RB DID NOT get 100+ yds?

I'll truly believe Marty-ball has arrived if the Skins can win this game against a team clearly inferior. It does not have to be a blow-out... Just win the damn thing.

Exorcize the evil that was Norv.

I recall in in 1989, when Dallas was 1-15, the only team they beat were the 'Skins. We finished with a winning record that year. I'm concerned about this game. There's a distinct possibility for a let down. On NFL Primetime, when Jaworski was interiewing Lavar, he said something like, "I think this win solidifies everything we've accomplished," about the Eagles nono.gif. I hope they don't carry that attitude to this game, thinking that 5-5 is good enough.

"Looks like we might see some deeper passing in this game."

Jack Reilly continues to state this every week.

It was said when Anthony came in as the starter. It was said when Q returned from injury. It was said when Leaf was signed and then started.

Yet we have seen very little of it.

A vertical passing game, including the deep ball, has been non-existant. You'd think our QBs could just heave the ball down the field to our speedsters and at least get "lucky" once in a while, yet most of the time the corners are right there with Joey and Rocket running stride for stride.

Perhaps this week the talk will finally be backed by plays being called on the field, but I'm not going to bet on it smile.gif

Orange, with Norv at the helm I would agree that the team easily could look past the Boys. I don't think Marty would let that happen at this point. The way the D has been playin, I don't think Marty has to stress the impotance of this game.

As Blade said, a win over the Boys will remove that carbuncle,affectionately known as Norv, off the a$$ of the Redskins for good.

joint.gif

------------------

Steal your face right off your head

Originally posted by Dale:

"Looks like we might see some deeper passing in this game."

Actually, I was saying that the 'Skins will go deep. I don't think Dallas has the CBs to handle it alone. Look also for the Redskins to run the wheel route with the H-Back out of the ACE formation we seem to love. Got us big plays two or three times.

Mario Edwards is a bit of a gambler and often gets burned on the out-and-go and stop-and-go patterns. The key is to give Banks time to throw these patterns. If Banks has time to throw then most assuredly we'll be able to run the ball as well.

You have to make Carter go the length of the field so field position could be key early.

Archived