Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

stubhub luck

I wasn't sure if this was right to post here, if not I do appologize and don't mind deleting the post.

I just bought two sets of season Tix in the 132 section from stubhub for 150.00 each seat. It also comes with a free parking pass to all 10 home games. I feel really lucky to have scored this however I have an eerie feeling about it since it was so dirt cheap. Does this happen often? Should I worry I got ripped off? I know stubhub has buyer protection for all purchases off their website, but will that atleast protect me, how does it work?

How I paid 300 bucks for 2 seats to all 10 home games and parking

$300 total???? Sounds like an error. I doubt anyone is selling lowers plus parking for a whole season for $300. Sounds like someone typed it in error. I doubt you get the tickets.

The seller obviously listed his tickets incorrectly.

Your purchase needs to be confirmed by the seller before it's legitimate. But even then, you're not going to get season tickets for $300.

This sounds like a big mess to me. I'd call stubhub and explain the situation to them so that the idiot seller doesn't confirm the sale and your card is charged.

The seller obviously listed his tickets incorrectly.

Your purchase needs to be confirmed by the seller before it's legitimate. But even then, you're not going to get season tickets for $300.

This sounds like a big mess to me. I'd call stubhub and explain the situation to them so that the idiot seller doesn't confirm the sale and your card is charged.

I appreciate the advice MTH. I gave them a call and he did screw up, but stubhub said they were going to find comparable tix for me at no extra cost to me. I'm not sure what "comparable" will be though.

That would be awesome if they found you any season tickets anywhere at all for no extra charge. Their policy is for them to find you comparable tickets and then charge the seller the difference in price. Great for you, very bad for the original seller. I bet he will be more careful next time when listing his tickets. Good luck!!

I appreciate the advice MTH. I gave them a call and he did screw up, but stubhub said they were going to find comparable tix for me at no extra cost to me. I'm not sure what "comparable" will be though.

That's what they're told to say. But that's not what's going to happen.

I've had errors made too. And what they will say is they cannot find comparable tix, so you can either pay the difference or get a refund.

That's what they're told to say. But that's not what's going to happen.

I've had errors made too. And what they will say is they cannot find comparable tix, so you can either pay the difference or get a refund.

Well that would truly suck. Is that even legal? To take my money when a price for an item of service is listed and then turn around and say "well sucks to be you, here's your money back?". Wouldn't that fall under some form of false advertisement? Sounds like a system that's setting themselves up for a class action lawsuit.

SH is really good about righting a wrong, even when it's the seller's error.

In a somewhat relevant story, about a week before the Rose Bowl this past year I bought a pair on SH. These were 40 ydln seats, at a very good price, located in section 9, right under the press box. The list price was about 40% below all of the neighboring comps, so I was slightly skeptical, but I had always had good luck with SH so I wasn't too worried. I didn't bother to check the seating chart once I had the hard tix in hand. Less than an hour before kickoff I went to the seats assigned on my tickets which happened to be in section 19. The only problem was that section 19 was corner endzone and not the 40 yardline like section 9 :mad:

Rather than struggle to find the onsite SH window and then wait in line for a new seat assignment, I decided to try my luck by just going to the seats on my invoice, in section 9. Fortunately, those prime seats were vacant and we were able to stay the entire game.

The next day when I called SH they were really cool about everything. They refunded half of my purchase price. I probably could have pushed for a full refund, but I got to enjoy the seats I paid for at a bargain price, and my team won so I didn't want to push my luck. The US based operators at SH are really awesome.

I never learned if it was a seller's error, or just a really good deal. Either way I was very happy. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Can they deny it after its already sold? Its my first time using stubhub

Yes, they can deny it. Nobody in their right mind is going to send you two tickets for $2000 under face value. They will get an email saying "Congrats! Your tickets have sold! Here's your $300! Please send over $2000 worth of tickets to the buyer!"

They then have the option to either do it or not - they can say "sorry, they sold elsewhere." I think they will.

---------- Post added May-30th-2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

Well that would truly suck. Is that even legal? To take my money when a price for an item of service is listed and then turn around and say "well sucks to be you, here's your money back?". Wouldn't that fall under some form of false advertisement? Sounds like a system that's setting themselves up for a class action lawsuit.

No, it wouldn't. Check your terms of purchase that you agreed to - it CLEARLY spells out that you aren't guaranteed the tickets and something might come up that prevents it.

Archived