Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It Turns Out Graham Gano Isn't Terrible (Breakdown of Every Block Last Season)

jwpanic

Yeah I just feel like it'd be David Akers 2.0 if we go with Rackers or someone else.

Not picking on your post, just running with it as I just don't get the Akers analogy every time it gets thrown up. (Which is regularly when it comes to Gano.).

Akers had ONE game before he was cut.

Gano's had 36 straight to date.

If he was cut, he may come back to bite us on the ass and have an Akers like career elsewhere. But he most certainly wouldn't of been cut in anything like the circumstances Akers was.

Hail.

The Offseason: The only time kicker threads can be so popular.

I guess you missed the entirety of last season .. granted, many of the kicker threads were Danny Smith must go threads, but many times they bounced off of someone's misplaced blame for our special teams problems. (the kicker.)

~Bang

As I've been saying and someone else added in here, the problem is, we kick too many field goals. I'd like to trade 10-15 of his attempts for TDs. He had 41 FG attempts last year and 26 XP attempts. I'd like to see this line:

41-41 XPs

23-26 FGs

110 Pts.

---------- Post added May-14th-2012 at 12:56 PM ----------

Great breakdown by Bloggin the Beast. This is something alot of us Gano supporters have been saying all along. When your guys are being pushed back 4 and 5 yards and the holder is 7-8 yards back, that spells disaster. We need to shore up our guard positions on the kicking team as it looks like teams were targeting that area.

Oh, I almost forgot. Fire Danny Smith (For Bang)

Archived