Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter twitter: NFL Security investigating The Saints for having a "bounty program" on defense

Oldskool

Saints Defense - TM - Saints

One source close to Roger Goodell tells SI.com's Peter King that the commissioner's reaction to initial reports about the Saints' bounty program was, "God forbid this is true. This will be earth-shattering."

"This is a seminal moment in the culture change we have to make," said the high-placed source close to Goodell. "This has to stop now. Every team needs to hear the message that we're in a different era now, where this appalling behavior is going to end." The Saints can't expect leniency. King believes Goodell will come down hardest on Rams DC Greg Williams, Saints coach Sean Payton, GM Mickey Loomis, and MLB Jonathan Vilma, "in that order." All four, and perhaps more Saints defensive players, should expect multi-game suspensions.

Related: Rams

Source: SI.com Mar 6 - 5:30 PM

Saints Defense - TM - Saints

One source close to Roger Goodell tells SI.com's Peter King that the commissioner's reaction to initial reports about the Saints' bounty program was, "God forbid this is true. This will be earth-shattering."

"This is a seminal moment in the culture change we have to make," said the high-placed source close to Goodell. "This has to stop now. Every team needs to hear the message that we're in a different era now, where this appalling behavior is going to end." The Saints can't expect leniency. King believes Goodell will come down hardest on Rams DC Greg Williams, Saints coach Sean Payton, GM Mickey Loomis, and MLB Jonathan Vilma, "in that order." All four, and perhaps more Saints defensive players, should expect multi-game suspensions.

Related: Rams

Source: SI.com Mar 6 - 5:30 PM

Sucks for the Rams. They're the "innocent bystander" who gets hit with the collateral damage now. If I were them, I would think hard about just finding a whole new DC.

Sucks for the Rams. They're the "innocent bystander" who gets hit with the collateral damage now. If I were them, I would think hard about just finding a whole new DC.

Fisher is a defensive minded coach. He also has several coaches on his staff that were with him in Tennessee that could step into that role.

Archived