Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help!

Trippster

Yesterday I was cleaning out my garage, so I put a bunch of stuff outside right next to the garage. Lo and behold, one of my gas cans tipped over and spilled about a half gallon into the soil right next to the garage. Our garage is right over the basement and now our basement smells like gasoline. Is there anything I can do? I already tried digging up the soil where the gas spilled, but it's super rocky and I couldn't dig very far.

Aerate it, gasoline vapor is heavier than air and naturally flows down.

after venting and use of a fan you can always light it while taking care not to burn the garage

btw DO NOT use electrical such as fans in the basement.but rather at the entrance

with your rocky soil the best thing for the spot is to drive a stake/rod to create some holes

if the smell lingers in the basement you can get some activated charcoal or even baking soda to set out there

Light as many matches as possible and throw them on the ground where you spilled the gasoline. Remember to be wearing a spandex jump suit and stand directly over where the gasoline was spilled while lighting the matches. If the matches don't work graduate to things such as lighters, then blowtorches. The heat from the flames will dry out the gasoline!

Light as many matches as possible and throw them on the ground where you spilled the gasoline. Remember to be wearing a spandex jump suit and stand directly over where the gasoline was spilled while lighting the matches. If the matches don't work graduate to things such as lighters, then blowtorches. The heat from the flames will dry out the gasoline!

FunnyIllusions.jpg

Tripp, next time follow rule 8 for titling the thread properly so some poor sorry-ass mod doesn't have to consider putting you in NNT on thanksgiving :pfft:

good luck with the spill--i think you came to the right place. :)

we no doubt have many members who are all about being careless with their fossil fuels. :ols:

Archived