• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      Good afternoon Redskins fans!  I have once again been invited to sit in the relative comfort of the press box and shout my thoughts into the void via this blog.  As you watch the game today and see the rain  pour relentlessly from the heavens, know that I am safe and dry.  Know also that @Spaceman Spiff is out there somewhere, cold and unappreciated, rolling around in the muck trying to capture that perfect picture.  Maybe say a little prayer for his health (or laugh, whatever, I’m not judging you).  Also, be sure not to miss the pictures he posts on this site after each game.     

Before we get into today's Redskins game, I want give some thanks for more positive occurrences in DC sports.  Congrats to the Washington Mystics for winning their first championship.  Congrats go out to the Washington Nationals as well for reaching the world series.  These two teams (along with the Caps) are working hard to change the sports related mood around this town, and we're all happier for it. 

Lets move now into less cheerful topics, namely your Washington Redskins!  Yow know things are going bad, and I mean really dang bad, when your team has gone through three quarterbacks and two coaches and your not even half way through the season.  Today's fresh hell comes in the form of a specter of the our recent past coming to smirk at our misfortune.  Im talking of course of Kyle.  Kyle's spent the week assuring everyone that he isn’t holding a grudge, while very obviously holding a grudge.  “Everything else.”  You know what I’m talking about. 

If all he brought to town were his hurt feelings we wouldn’t have a problem.  Sadly, he’s arrived with an undefeated football team that the NFL says we have to play this week.  This feels entirely unfair. 

My generic key to the game:  Run the ball and stop the run.  The team (spoiler alert: 49ers) that does this today will win.   

Redskins Inactives  
      QB Colt McCoy  
      S Deshazor Everett  
      CB Josh Norman  
      RB Chris THompson  
      LB Josh Harvey-Clemons 
      G Wes Martin  
      TE Vernon Davis  

49ers inactives  
      QB CJ Beathard 
      WR Deebo Samuel  
      CB Ahkello Witherspoon  
      FB Kyle Juszczyk 
      T Mike McGLinchey 
      T Joe Staley 
      DL DJ Jones 

1st Quarter Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers

Callahan wasn’t playing around when he said he wanted to run the ball.  That first drive was all runs, and looked great... right up until they tried to pass the ball.  Hopkins missed the relatively short fied goal, because of course he did.     

Maybe Quinn isn’t a good choice to be returning punts?  Consider it.    

That second Redskins drive looked more like what we’ve come to expect from this offense.  Run for negative yards, pass dropped, and an unsuccessful screen pass.  A quintessential Redskins three and out. 

Passing yards this quarter:  Redskins 3. 49ers 9.  Are you not entertained?! 

Half Time Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers 

How happy are you to spend your Sunday afternoon watching this game?  Consider that some people paid money, to sit in a poncho, in the rain, to watch this game. 

It’s now time for those half time adjustments that our beloved skins do so well.  It’s unlikely the second half mirrors the first. 

3rd Quarter Update 
      Redskins 0 – 3 49ers  

Good news, this game will not end in a 0-0 tie.  Those half time adjustments have kicked in as expected and the 49ers have found a way onto the scoreboard in this messy throwback game.  The Redskins have decided to spend the second half collecting holding penalties and sadness.  Mercifully, only one quarter remains. 

End of Game Update 
      Redskins 0 – 9 49ers 

Callahan hasn’t spent much time as the head coach of the Washington Redskins, but he’s already proven that his team can waste 2nd half timeouts like a veteran.  It makes little sense to adopt a strategy that shortens the game when your team is losing, and it makes even less sense when your team is short on time outs.  I’m not really sure what the thinking as late in this game.    

Next week Kirk Cousins!   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiingspadee

UPDATE: SALARY CAP ADJUSTED to now point based - POST ALL CONTRACT ADJUSTMENTS HERE

I am going to change it over to the point based system. It is more manageable and easier. I have been experiencing problems and in the thread "teams in the red" I have pointed out an issue as well as another user (one player who was a 60 OVR was asking 10x his current salary)

Now the issue with this IS it will randomly put players into contract years. I am going to test out some salary cap #s to get it so everyone has a bit of room.

I will update the OP and title when the cap is set

Everyone has 850 points to spend. The only two teams that are 100 points are the two teams that well damn should Patriots ($65) and Eagles ($50)

You will have to double check your players contracts. You will have until week 10 to post whose contract does not reflect their real life contract. Otherwise you have to keep it as it is. It is NOT REQUIRED to have it changed it is OPTIONAL! A good place to look is on an offline franchise for contract lengths

this is weird.. Phil Taylor who was just drafted has a 1 year contract.. Ray Lewis who had a 5 year contract now only has a 1 year contract..

this is weird.. Phil Taylor who was just drafted has a 1 year contract.. Ray Lewis who had a 5 year contract now only has a 1 year contract..

LOL I said I can get those fixed. I know that will come up. Just tell me who needs to be fixed and give me and Lavar some time and it will be fixed.

LAVAR: When you fix a contract, select the player and take note of how much their contract is (it should say something like 1 @ $12 (take note of the $) and click EDIT SALARY INFORMATION. Then click the option to CLEAR THE CONTRACT and then put the $ in both yearly and TOTAL spaces.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 11:32 AM ----------

In case you are not sure you can always go to an offline franchise and find out what their contracts are

Thanks I was trying to do my best GM impersonation! Trying to keep Mario Williams & Foster. I was ready to let Schaub go at the end of the year.

Thanks I was trying to do my best GM impersonation! Trying to keep Mario Williams & Foster. I was ready to let Schaub go at the end of the year.

I just started to see problems with this. I mean 60 OVRs asking for 10x their salary is crazy

I went from having 20-25 contract year players to just 4.. Interesting...thx for all the work your doing..oh and 2/4 guys who are in there contract years are Kolb and Dockett, pretty sure thats not right.

I went from having 20-25 contract year players to just 4.. Interesting...thx for all the work your doing..oh and 2/4 guys who are in there contract years are Kolb and Dockett, pretty sure thats not right.

Just give me a list of who needs to be fixed if you want them fixed

Kolb Dockett and Fitzgerald...Thanks!

LOL going to need to give me some more info....such as how long the contracts are supposed to be?

LOL going to need to give me some more info....such as how long the contracts are supposed to be?

Fitzgeralds deal 8 year 128 million

Dockett signed a 6 year deal 56 million last september so 5 years left on the deal

Kolb 6 year 65 million

That worked out pretty well, my team the Vikings now has 252 points available. When I look at players in a contract year, I know that some of them are not right, and you said you can adjust that. Can you recomend a good place to look to find out the correct info for the real life contract details.

Do you think EA is planning on fixing or adding the salary features for online franchise. I mean one that actually works. Also dosnt an off line franchise have more features like hot and cold streaks. You would think that EA would fix all of this instead of having 1 guy or a third party, do it in his spare time. I'm sure that cant be too happy about that. I mean how hard is it to have the same features for on, and offline franchise. You would think it would not be that much more work. Looks to me like EA is just being lazy. Does not make since to me. IMO

That worked out pretty well, my team the Vikings now has 252 points available. When I look at players in a contract year, I know that some of them are not right, and you said you can adjust that. Can you recomend a good place to look to find out the correct info for the real life contract details.

rotoworld is pretty good..search the players name then click contract details.

I just had a little bit of time to go through my contract year players, knew some had to be wrong. This is what I found so far.

Jahvid Best: 7/30/2010: Signed a five-year, $9.8 million contract

Mikel Leshoure: 7/28/2011: Signed a four-year contract.

Brandon Pettigrew: 7/31/2009: Signed a six-year, $14.6 million contract.

Corrections needed for the Vikings:

Antoine Winfiled FA in 2014 so 1 year needs to be added

Cedrick Grifin FA in 2015 so 2 years need to be added

Everson Griffen FA in 2015 so 2 years need to be added

Kyle Rudolph signed 4 year deal, so 3 years need to be added.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Corrections on the Carolina Panthers:

Ryan Kalil 8/19/2011: Signed a six-year, $49 million contract.

Chris Gamble 11/28/2008: Signed a six-year, $53.5 million contract.

Terrell McClain 7/31/2011: Signed a four-year, $2.8 million contract.

Jason Baker 7/18/2007: Signed a six-year, $9.1 million contract.

Cam Newton 7/29/2011: Signed a four-year, $22.025 million contract

Brandon LaFell 7/20/2010: Signed a four-year, $2.604 million contract.

All these guys appear on my contract year player list.

Thanks.

I know Reggie Bush needs a second year. I'll look at the rest of my team later.

To be fair, Chad Henne should be in a contract year, but he has 2 years right now.....

Do you think EA is planning on fixing or adding the salary features for online franchise. I mean one that actually works. Also dosnt an off line franchise have more features like hot and cold streaks. You would think that EA would fix all of this instead of having 1 guy or a third party, do it in his spare time. I'm sure that cant be too happy about that. I mean how hard is it to have the same features for on, and offline franchise. You would think it would not be that much more work. Looks to me like EA is just being lazy. Does not make since to me. IMO

I usually suggest going to an offline franchise and looking there

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 10:44 PM ----------

I know Reggie Bush needs a second year. I'll look at the rest of my team later.

To be fair, Chad Henne should be in a contract year, but he has 2 years right now.....

I am VERY happy to those that are honest about changes and actually post players that are in their contract years lol

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 10:45 PM ----------

BTW folks - do not worry if it takes a few days. If you post the contract changes WE WILL get to them. It won't have any effect until the end of the season any ways so do not stress.

Grubbs

Rice

Kindle

Redding

were all on 1 year deals.. but i will resign them all so its up to you whether you switch them back or not.

Just for the record I think that League Manager is the biggest POS. It's down more than it's up. EA just need to get it right and include all the features that are in an offline franchise online. Problem solved.

Just for the record I think that League Manager is the biggest POS. It's down more than it's up. EA just need to get it right and include all the features that are in an offline franchise online. Problem solved.

agreed but we need to just work through it. We can't talk negative about a site that helps us have these features. I for one am grateful to have this option

A glaring issue: Ricky Williams has a 2 yr/$2,600,000, but in our league he has 6 year 20 point. I am not sure how the points translate into real dollars, so that I can understand it better. Also I am unable to resign my expiring contracts. Some kind of database error. Anyone else getting that?

A glaring issue: Ricky Williams has a 2 yr/$2,600,000, but in our league he has 6 year 20 point. I am not sure how the points translate into real dollars, so that I can understand it better. Also I am unable to resign my expiring contracts. Some kind of database error. Anyone else getting that?

Go to your contract year players tab to resign

This will give you how the point based works

salary11.jpg