Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hmm.. Sadness..

shakinaiken

i just finished watching the game( had a school project to attend too earlier, which is why i had to record the game) and i was overwhelmed with a sense of sadness. I was- we all were- expecting so much more, after a bye. Instead we allowed a stuggling eagles team to absolutely dominate us. And it puts in to question, every belief i had about this team. defense? we had zero pass rush, which can be attritbuted to Vick and his elusiveness, but Hermans at LT? Justice at RT? and we couldnt pressure him at all? Why do our corners continue to play 11 yards off the reciever? why didnt Hazlett adjust to the short, intermediate throws the eagles were calling? Why does Kyle Shanahan call madden type plays consistently, like the all seams route, when rex is clearly incapable of making the read and/or throw? im not one to succumb to negativity- in fact ive always been optomistic when it comes to this team. But what happened this game?????

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 02:29 AM ----------

haha as hoping for some feedback.. anyone else feel this way?

Our QB sucks and our WRs are sub-par. Thats basically it in a nutshell. The result is we simply aren't that good. Personally I think it is relieving. Our defense is good- was bad in the first half but ultimately we only gave up 20 and it has been lights-out all year. Our RBs have shown they can be good- at least Torain. And our o-line was crusing along until injuries.

The way I see it, a lot of things are going well, and they are trending up from last year. Fact is the passing game is limiting us to being a mediocre or sub-par team. I would be much more sad if a bunch of things were going wrong and/or we actually expected the team to be good this year. Atlanta, Chicago, NY Jets, Dallas, St. Louis, Houston, Indy those fans should be sad.

Dunno if you are a caps fan, but when they lose, its sad, because they are at their peak and losing leaves an emptiness with no real justification.

The Redskins are exactly who we thought they were and probably even a little better. It sucks to lose but in the bigger pictures things are going just fine.

Our QB sucks and our WRs are sub-par. Thats basically it in a nutshell. The result is we simply aren't that good. Personally I think it is relieving. Our defense is good- was bad in the first half but ultimately we only gave up 20 and it has been lights-out all year. Our RBs have shown they can be good- at least Torain. And our o-line was crusing along until injuries.

The way I see it, a lot of things are going well, and they are trending up from last year. Fact is the passing game is limiting us to being a mediocre or sub-par team. I would be much more sad if a bunch of things were going wrong and/or we actually expected the team to be good this year. Atlanta, Chicago, NY Jets, Dallas, St. Louis, Houston, Indy those fans should be sad.

well... im coming around to this truth. i suppose we arent quite as good as i thought(wished) we were. Though, technically, its still early.. maybe this team will respond, and yes i am a caps fan, and though slightly uneducated about the nuances of hockey, i feel the pain.

Dunno if you are a caps fan, but when they lose, its sad, because they are at their peak and losing leaves an emptiness with no real justification.

The Redskins are exactly who we thought they were and probably even a little better. It sucks to lose but in the bigger pictures things are going just fine.

No offense, but you are asking for feedback at 2:30am on things that have been discussed in several threads here all day after the game.

For what it's worth I agree with most everything that you said.:)

haha, yes i know. but i wasnt able to watch the game till now, so just offering my viewpoint. plus,after that performance, i figured many posters would be up, questioning everything.. such is Extremeskins message board/

Where is Leonard Hankerson? He's the only big WR on the roster. Stallworth, Moss, and Gaffney make plays, here and there, but our WR don't concern defenses simply because of their lack of size. Maybe Hankerson doesn't know the plays yet, but I would like to see him out there stretching the field. The offensive line was allowing penetration from the defensive line even before Lichensteiger and Trent Williams went down with injuries. Ryan Torain really didn't get on track and Roy Helu caught a pass or two from out of the backfield, but there was no overall production from either RB. Fred Davis continues to be a bright spot in the passing game but our WRs seem to only catch passes every once in a while. No Wideout has gone for over 100 yards receiving so far this season.

This was definitely a ugly game for the Redskins. Even more so, after returning from a bye week. The Eagles had a good offensive game plan and it proved to be highly effective in the first half. Because of there depleted O-line they moved the pocket consistently and ran some creative run plays with Vick on the move (Man...Lesean Mccoy is good). Going into half it did not look like the Skins had any answers on defense. The defense came out and responded very well and shut out the Eagles out in the second half (the only real positive in the game).

The defense should be ashamed of itself. That performance against a lowly Eagles OL, especially late, was pitiful.

This game was lost up front. Our OL, weakened by injury, opened no holes for the runners and their oline had their way most of the game.

The fact that it was a one score game shows how bad Philly is and we still couldn't beat them. Pathetic.

The defense should be ashamed of itself. That performance against a lowly Eagles OL, especially late, was pitiful.

This game was lost up front. Our OL, weakened by injury, opened no holes for the runners and their oline had their way most of the game.

The fact that it was a one score game shows how bad Philly is and we still couldn't beat them. Pathetic.

The Dline could have done better but come on, your not going to catch Mike Vick "all " the time, only thing that killed us was Rex Grossman and his under thrown balls, walk to the line attitude and million interceptions. :(

I know we better get a QB now in the draft and I'm not talking about no developmential QB. I'm talking about a QB that is ready for week one next year. Jones is ready, Barkley is ready, you know Griffin and Luck is ready. And I think Tannehill would be better than Grossman too. Get that and then and only then can we look like a team on the up swing.

To the OP. Take some positives also. The Eagles didn't score a point during the second half. But when you have a QB that throws 4 INTS, one of them being a terrible under thrown ball to a receiver that has two yards one on one on the defender, its a logical conclusion. Granted we lost two very important players in the OL early, but I thought Rex had the time to make plays....he just made the for the other team.

Archived