Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins "Quandary" the rest of the year.

Jeffro

3.7 million a year is peanuts for a 70+ catch TE. Our cap situation is terrific and we have no bad contracts whatsoever, not even one.

We could probably afford to keep 10 Chris Cooleys.

Running back and tight end seem like odd positions to bring up as areas of concern seeing as how we're more loaded at those two positions than anywhere else on the roster. Those are the groups I've got rock solid confidence in every single player on the roster, first through third string.

If you're searching for long term positional needs on offense, QB is definitely one. I'd also look to upgrade RT and RG at least and I wouldn't shy away from drafting or signing a really good center if one happened to fall into our laps.

QB will be an issue every offseason until we stop beating around the bush and seriously invest in a player. We should have already drafted our man by now. If we don't find a free agent that works out, we're going to be waiting around for the duration of Shanahan's contract for our QB to develop, even if we draft a rookie this offseason. It's extremely unusual for a regime to wait until it's third offseason to decide upon a long term solution at QB. We might not have an opportunity to draft or sign a decent QB. We could very well be talking about Rex Grossman and John Beck starting again next August.

On defense we need to finish upgrading the defensive line, find a replacement for London Fletcher, look for a long term solution opposite him at ILB, and figure out a way to upgrade our secondary and position it for the long term. Atogwe is a stop gap given his age. Landry's persistent health problems the past two seasons could become an issue. Hall and Wilson are somewhat limited starting CBs on the outside.

Personally, I'd try and find two quality outside starters to within the next few years, move Wilson and Barnes and Gomes to slot defenders, and move Hall to S opposite Landry once Atogwe slows.

Archived