Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steelers 13-4 under Tomlin in 2007-2010 preseason games. Game 1: 4-0 record, 20-9 avg score, 32:05 TOP

Atlanta Skins Fan

ASF didn't say we were going to finish 11-5, he said if we perform like that in every game we look like an 11-5 team.

And I think these preseason games tell alot more than they did in the past. The team has only been together for hardly 2 weeks, that says alot about the culture change and the mentality Shanhan has been driving.

I think you're putting your own meaning to his words.

Here is his exact quote: :The Redskins looked like a team that might finish 11-5."

Dunno, sounds like a prediction to me.

I do agree though that with the compressed offseason the performance shows that maybe the team is coming together quicker than expected. They certainly looked like they were on the same page more than the Steelers.

They do have the coaching, team culture, youth and speed to be a contender. Based on what I saw last night, I'd favor the Redskins to finish 2nd in the East and win a wild card playoff spot. If Vick gets injured or if the Redskins somehow manage to beat the Eagles twice (unlikely), winning the division is possible.

This is the best looking Redskins team I've seen in about two decades, at this point in the preseason. My compliments to Mike Shanahan, Bruce Allen, and all of the players. It's a great start. And it's a long journey ahead. Keep it up, and stay focused.

Have I not been saying this for a couple weeks now? Exactly. Noone is saying because of one game we are SB contenders. I do believe very strongly we will frustrate our division foes and far exceed expectations. #2 in the NFC East as the #6 seed would not shock me at all. Health, Grossman's ability to continue to improve from Fridays performance and huge improvement by our secondary. Those things can make us very hard to beat. On the right path though from what I see. Shout out to the OL once again. I don't care if they played against backups. They did what they were supposed to do. You can't found out who's elite until they separate themselves from the mediocre. So if they dominated against 2nd or 3rd teamers, then they are on the right path.

HAIL DERNIT!!!!!

I am not saying it is the same thing - I am saying the reaction from the fans is the same - everyone got hyped about that game and how good the team was going to be, and we all know what happend. All I am saying is temper this. Lets see how it goes after the first 4-6 games of the regular season before we get too up of too down on this team. They were NOT good last year and hard to expect them to be a 12-4 11-5 team this year.

Tom

A better example would've been our blowout win over Buffalo in week 1 of last year's preseason.

I am not one to get pumped over a preseason game. But anyone who just dismisses it is crazy. The Steelers all of last preseason did not allow more than 286 yards in a game. They averaged allowing 236 yards. We put up well over that in the first half alone. We rolled 90 yards on their first team defense.

Previous Redskin teams would NEVER have done that. Say all you want, I will put my money on this team being different. Its one thing to win 31-24 in a meaningless preseason game. Its another to outgain the steelers 450-180. Thats domination.

Archived