Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor (the best to have ever done it)

TonyRomoProBowl

Even in the preaseason Sean would be in on EACH and EVERY play. He had a lot of hussle, and I'd say he was just a natural. You'd see a guy come out of nowhere, and all of a sudden the whole pile would move. "That must be Sean".

It's a shame. There used to be so many videos I used to watch (like bad to the bone; ST scarface), but I can't watch them anymore.

I was fortunate enough to see most every home game he played at FedEx Field. One of my favorites was the Lions game. Here are a couple vids of the start of the game, if you weren't there live you missed the first one.

Best part about that whole thing was it worked out so perfectly for Sean to lay one of the gnarliest hits i've ever seen on the very dude that was jawing at him during the pregame. How wonderful.

seanseries.png

I have lived in the Dallas area my whole life being a diehard skins fan because of my grandpa. I saw him live twice the first time was the miracle game on monday night football where he blew up patrick crayton on 3rd down and the second game was opening day against the vikings, me and my grandpa flew up for that game, we lost but seeing sean warm up and play is priceless. I would do anything to watch him put on the pads one more game. I have never in my 27 years on this earth see someone who could do what Sean Taylor could do on the football field. He could do anything the coaches asked him to do and he made it look easy. I have never lost any one close to me yet, but when he died I left school and I cried for days, it was the hardest thing I have had to deal with in my life. He was my hero and anybody that ever meets me will always know about Sean Taylor

ya know, I often wonder if his life will ever turn to stories of "remember when" and they are happy thoughts? I dont think so just because of how violent and sudden he was taken from us all...but I wish.

I hope one day I remember him with happy thoughts, but up until now whenever I think about ST I just get down. :(

I go to one game a year. I was at his first game and remember seeing him kneeling on the sidelines next to Greg Williams just itching to get into the game.

I remember his 3rd year and I was there on opening day on the 5th anniversary of 9/11 and he lit up a Vikings WR right in front of our seats. Sadly it was a penalty even though the ball was still on the receivers finger tips.

Then I remember being at his last game and the play he got hurt. It was the turning point of the game. I had no idea that play would be his last.

It's just ironic that going to only one game a year, I was at both his first pro game and his last pro game. He was such a beast just flying around the field like a missile. Even in the pro bowl when no one else was trying. It's just tragic that we will never know how great he could have been.

i was there for his last game against philly in 07. i was so pissed when he got hurt, because theres no way westbrook scores on that screen if 21 is still in the game. but i never imagined that would be his last game. the thought never crossed my mind once. i figured he would be back in a few weeks roaming the field again. RIP Sean Taylor, the best i've ever seen.

Archived