Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Natural News:California Raw Food Buyers Club Illegally Raided by Government(updated with NYT article)

Koolblue13

I love when people don't read the thread. It's like groundhog day.

I read every single post of the thread and checked out the links, too. As such, I'm not entirely sure what makes you think I jumped in mid-stream and spouted off unknowingly. I was more or less pointing out that very little of what zoony has said was far from the truth, even if he said it in his typical abrasive manner.

Lela Buttery, a trustee at Rawesome, said it had no license because it was not a store. Instead, she called it a “club.” Club members paid an annual fee, which allowed them to peruse the produce, milk products and honey on Rawesome’s shelves, which they paid for — $7 for a pint of raw goat’s milk — to cover the cost of production. Members also signed waivers to signal they understood the risks of consuming raw food.

Rawesome is staffed by volunteers, who take home food for their efforts, and no one, Ms. Buttery said, is making money from his or her work there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/05/us/05raw.html?ref=todayspaper

Lela Buttery, a trustee at Rawesome, said it had no license because it was not a store. Instead, she called it a “club.” Club members paid an annual fee, which allowed them to peruse the produce, milk products and honey on Rawesome’s shelves, which they paid for — $7 for a pint of raw goat’s milk — to cover the cost of production. Members also signed waivers to signal they understood the risks of consuming raw food.

Rawesome is staffed by volunteers, who take home food for their efforts, and no one, Ms. Buttery said, is making money from his or her work there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/05/us/05raw.html?ref=todayspaper

Here's a helpful tip: that's code for CIRCUMVENTING THE LAW. I see it ALL THE TIME in my work. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Just one example I've dealt with: when indoor smoking was outlawed in Colorado, several bars decided to turn themselves into "cigar bars" because of the legal loopholes surrounding federal and state jurisdiction over cigar products. They thought they were smart. After extended investigations and legal and political fights, most still got busted. Boo hoo.

Archived