Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys sign Marcus Spears on a 5-year, $19.2 million deal.

DeMarco Murray 29

His backup is a slightly better pass rusher, but markedly worse against the run. Pass rushers always get paid more, but I was glad Jerry didn't match the skin's offer on this one.

Yeah, that pass defense of yours was AWESOME last year...why on earth would you want to keep a guy who shined whenever he played versus a guy who has never amounted to much his entire career?

Spears is mediocre...and your defense will not improve this year.

Yeah, that pass defense of yours was AWESOME last year...why on earth would you want to keep a guy who shined whenever he played versus a guy who has never amounted to much his entire career?

Spears is mediocre...and your defense will not improve this year.

Bowen started 1/2 the season after Spears was hurt, and was just as mediocre. I would of liked for him to stick around for depth, but not at the absurd price the Redskins gave. I was hoping Jenkins would be picked up, but it seems the Eagles are winning FA this year.

Bowen started 1/2 the season after Spears was hurt, and was just as mediocre. I would of liked for him to stick around for depth, but not at the absurd price the Redskins gave. I was hoping Jenkins would be picked up, but it seems the Eagles are winning FA this year.

Spears is trending downward and injuries have already started at 28.5 yrs old. Bowen is trending upward and a year younger and no injuries. Dallas paid the same money for a lineman that won't last the length of the contract. Bowen should finish his and give the Skins his best years. Only advantage is that Dallas was looking to dump Spears before the Skins came in and took their new starter away. That was common knowledge and where the difference is made.

We spent $6 mil more for his backup lol...Hmmm...

We... I mean... They also gave Haynesworth a contract worth $80 million more than Spears contract. I like a $6 million mistake (if it ends up being a mistake/jury is still out) a whole lot more than an $80 million mistake. #1/2empty1/2full

Archived