Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Traffic Question

Thinking Skins

I know that the daily commute along the NW corner of 495 is hell in both directions. So I'm trying to alter my route so as to shorten my commute to work. What I was thinking was travelling 410 W in the morning (and 410 E in the evenings), but I think that certain parts of 410 are only 2 lanes, and I know it intersects Conn. Ave, so I'm wondering if that gets any better? Basically, I'm trying to travel from Greenbelt to Dulles and its just not fun, so any help is appreciated.

To be honest, after looking at the map...you are screwed either way because 410 intersects many major roads through out the MD-DC-VA, and VA-DC-MD routes

I take it you have not lived here long? I call driving around here...Pick Your Poison lol

Actually I'm from here. I'm just not used to making that commute to Dulles. I might just move to somewhere like Fairfax, Arlington, or Alexandria when my lease is up, but that's a couple of months from now. I know in the past I've gone down to the GW PKWY and taken that without much hassle, but again, I don't know how that would be on a day to day basis.

thinking my dad used to do that. there are several ways but really its not worth it. what time do u go? its easier coming from dulles to greenbelt. do you want to use backroads to avoid the toll road. i know how to get from the dulles toll road exit all the way to the gw parkway exit rich before the bridge and then again from old gtown to ga ave and then again from colesville rd to greenbelt

Archived