Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IPhone experts. Help needed

rdsknbill

I was recently given an Iphone for work. At first It worked fine with my home wireless network and my kid's Itouch. Then the least time I synced, it told me to update Itunes. I did, then POOF. Neither Iphone or Itouch connects to the network.

Every other wireless device connects no problem. Three laptops, blackberrys, everything.

What do you suggest? We have a Motorola wireless modem/router.

Thank in advance

I was recently given an Iphone for work. At first It worked fine with my home wireless network and my kid's Itouch. Then the least time I synced, it told me to update Itunes. I did, then POOF. Neither Iphone or Itouch connects to the network.

Every other wireless device connects no problem. Three laptops, blackberrys, everything.

What do you suggest? We have a Motorola wireless modem/router.

Thank in advance

Hey Bill,

I had a friend who had a similar problem.

I'm not an IPhone expert and I'm only giving you the steps he performed to get his IPhone working again.

First, if you can, uninstall Itunes and try a re-install.

If that doesn't work, try resetting your Network Settings.

1. Touch 'Settings'

2. Touch 'General'

3. Go to the very bottom of the menu.

4. Touch 'Reset'

5. Select 'Reset Network Settings'

This should clear any issues and hopefully let you see the wireless.

Hope this helps.

Bill- I can connect my iPhone to my office wireless but when I key in my home network password, it tells me that the password is wrong. I am positive I'm typing in the right password. Anyone have a similar issue? (I'm on Comcast at home.)

Do yourr iPhone & iPod touch connect to other networks outside of home or is the issue strictly at home? If it is only at home, you may want to forget the home network on the iOS devices and then re-add them and re-enter the passwords. Reset network settings should have resolved that issue, though.

Do you know what encryption settings the router is using? WEP/WPA/WPA2?

Also, do you have access to the wireless management? Can you turn off the authentication just to see if your phone will connect without it?

Question above is also very good.. Can your iPhone / iPod connect to other networks outside of your own?

Do yourr iPhone & iPod touch connect to other networks outside of home or is the issue strictly at home? If it is only at home, you may want to forget the home network on the iOS devices and then re-add them and re-enter the passwords. Reset network settings should have resolved that issue, though.

My iPhone connects to any open network outside my home but not my home network. I'll try the reset tonight, BE. Thanks.

Archived