Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video camera and software recommendations for youth sports

Corcaigh

Any recommendations - I have no idea what my requirements should be - other than HD quality and sufficient frame rate to slow the video down.

Also, what software (on Windows 7) would best support this ... i.e. editing and creation of slow-motion segments? Is there any reason not to use Windows 7 Movie Maker for my simple requirements?

Any recommendations - I have no idea what my requirements should be - other than HD quality and sufficient frame rate to slow the video down.

Also, what software (on Windows 7) would best support this ... i.e. editing and creation of slow-motion segments? Is there any reason not to use Windows 7 Movie Maker for my simple requirements?

Nothing is ever simple about movie editing. It is one of the most daunting tasks you can throw at a computer. I just recently upgraded to an i7 2600 machine because my old xp machine kept crashing during editing. New machine just powers right through. I mainly use Corel Video Studio X4. Sony Vegas is also another good option. Don't think you'll care much for Movie Maker once you start using it.

What is your end goal? Creating dvds? Capturing memories etc? What's your budget?

As mentioned video editing is not something simple and can escalate in price very quickly.

Honestly Final Cut on Mac is one of the best if not the best for easy of use with lots of professional features.

Photo/video editing are usually much much better on a mac.

I should have clarified the goal. It is to create short instructional videos that can be uploaded to the web and streamed. The video footage will be short clips that I'll want to stitch together and in some cases repeat clips with slow motion. Any effects would be limited to basic transitions, titles, simple annotation.

I have both i7 and i5 machines available with 8GB RAM and serious graphics cards.

Archived