Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Man robs bank to get medical care in jail

Destino

I think its very reasonable to assume an unemployed person (zero income) would qualify for an assistance program.

You are right it would be reasonable, unfortunately that is not how the vast majority of hospitals operate. They simply cannot afford to do so.

"Hospitals are losing so much money dispensing charity care through emergency rooms that many collapse into bankruptcy or give up emergency care."

From: Andrew P. Wilper, Steffie Woolhandler, Karen E. Lasser, Danny McCormick, Sarah L. Cutrona, David H. Bor, and David U. Himmelstein; Waits To See An Emergency Department Physician: U.S. Trends And Predictors, 1997–2004; Health Affairs, January 2008.

I demonstrated that the 2 that i called rejected me and that every other one within an hours drive specifically indicates on their website that I would not be covered.

And I gave you a hospital that you did not check and their website says to try.

I didnt miss it, I already covered that. The "negotiated payment PLANS" doesnt mean they negotiate the PRICE, only how long you have to pay them back. That doesnt help me, i COULD pay $1000 out of pocket if i wanted to, im just not going to. Regardless, your contention, again, was "I guaranty that there is either an assistance program or at a minimum, a free clinic that would provide care in your area." There isnt.

I understand what you are saying. In short, that you could get care, but you didnt want to pay a fee for service price for your minor procedure. Sounds like you made the right choice for you, but it certainly doesnt mean you didnt have options to get care.

Sure it would, and since you are so smart, can you tell me how much 6 months of COBRA would cost?

It doesnt matter, its just one of many options that you had to get coverage after resigning your job.

Im not getting angry, and you arent stating reasonable facts. You are making terrible assumptions that arent correct. I'm pointing this out to you as someone who has ACTUALLY been through it, and you are retorting with more terrible assumptions from the vantage point of someone who has no clue about how things ACTUALLY work.

You are pointing out how you chose to approach it, not how it works on average. I havent made a single incorrect statement nor what I believe is a grand assumption. You are also talking to someone who has ACTUALLY gone through it too and my perspective is definitely as valid or more (considering my past employment experience) as yours is.

And again, you are making more assumptions based on limited information. You really should stop doing that so much. You dont know how much the guy makes and you dont know if he was ever denied services, you just assume he wasnt because it doesnt come right out and SAY he wasnt

And it doesnt come out and say that he did get rejected either, You are assuming much more than I. They went out of their way to explain that he was rejected for food stamps, and that he had to quit his part time job,

This isnt much of a stretch of logic to believe that he didnt try to get care that is amply available all around him.

so sure, call that an assumption, I'll call it an educated piece of logic.

you keep saying Im incorrect, yet you have failed to show where I am.

Archived