Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

X-Men: First Class...will be the BEST movie of the summer (2011)!

'Skins_&_'Stons

Elka! :) Relax. No reason to get testy.

I thought that was a level-headed response given you said I was speculating when I wasn't. In fact, when Mystique impersonates Shaw, she has him wearing the suit she saw him in at the CIA base Shaw attacked, but the real Shaw, inside the sub, is wearing a different suit. So she never saw the Shaw inside the sub, she was impersonating the Shaw with the helmet on that she saw at the compound.

At the compound, Shaw asks Azazel (not sure if right spelling, so "the red guy") where Xavier is. He says "not here." And Shaw, right in front of Mystique and the others then says "well I guess I can take this silly thing off." So Mystique could easily conclude what the helmet does, especially once Xavier told her something was blocking him out from Shaw.

called it. premiering at 23% on Rotten Tomatoes. my roommate and I had a bet too; $10 I said it wouldn't crack 25% on the premiere, he said it would, but wouldn't crack 50%.

Like I said in the Comic Book Movie Thread, just too much to really attempt to do in a film translation of the Green Lantern to be able to come off well, unless it's done by a director who's really good with utilizing special effects, and I don't think Martin Campbell was that guy.

Too bad.

DC and Warner Bros needs something good at Comic Con in a few weeks, besides a Dark Knight Rises teaser trailer and maybe some news or footage from the new Superman movie. They still have the single major franchise in Batman, but Nolan isn't going to do that forever and Marvel has The Avengers coming up soon (and I have a decent bit of faith in Joss Whedon to craft a pretty strong movie with that).

I thought that was a level-headed response given you said I was speculating when I wasn't.

I agree with you.

A little strange for Chachie to take that as speculation when it was right there in the movie.

I thought that was a level-headed response given you said I was speculating when I wasn't. In fact, when Mystique impersonates Shaw, she has him wearing the suit she saw him in at the CIA base Shaw attacked, but the real Shaw, inside the sub, is wearing a different suit. So she never saw the Shaw inside the sub, she was impersonating the Shaw with the helmet on that she saw at the compound.

At the compound, Shaw asks Azazel (not sure if right spelling, so "the red guy") where Xavier is. He says "not here." And Shaw, right in front of Mystique and the others then says "well I guess I can take this silly thing off." So Mystique could easily conclude what the helmet does, especially once Xavier told her something was blocking him out from Shaw.

Wow. Dude, I am SO sorry.

Edit- Wait a second... I wasn't even thinking of you when I made that post. :)

Like I said in the Comic Book Movie Thread, just too much to really attempt to do in a film translation of the Green Lantern to be able to come off well, unless it's done by a director who's really good with utilizing special effects, and I don't think Martin Campbell was that guy.

Too bad.

DC and Warner Bros needs something good at Comic Con in a few weeks, besides a Dark Knight Rises teaser trailer and maybe some news or footage from the new Superman movie. They still have the single major franchise in Batman, but Nolan isn't going to do that forever and Marvel has The Avengers coming up soon (and I have a decent bit of faith in Joss Whedon to craft a pretty strong movie with that).

I agree with you.

A little strange for Chachie to take that as speculation when it was right there in the movie.

Yep, I heard this is supposed to be Nolan's last Batman film coming up. Green Lantern they screwed up with the look of him, and by casting Ryan Reynolds, IMO. Though I haven't seen the movie, and I won't, I won't waste my time like I did with the first Hulk.

And no worries Chachie!

Archived