Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Beck highlights from NFL.com (Ravens preseason game)

wilbur58z

They are highlights. Wheres the other 45 minutes of the game.

The point was to just see some of the good things he does, in terms of throwing mechanics. Because there's not much video of him out there. If you want to see him play poorly, and NOT put it all together, there's 4 straight games of him getting demolished as a raw rookie for the Dolphins, one of history's worst NFL teams. I'm sure you can download them or something.

That wasn't the point of this thread, if I had to guess. It was to look at some positives, and see him perform well, possibly getting a glimpse of what we could see from him here, in the event of the best-case scenario happening. We already know what happens in the worst-case scenario.

Wasn't one of the knocks on Beck that he had a weak arm? The arm I saw in that video didn't look weak at all...

Lol. Yeah he has such a weak arm...

Oh. and that was his sophomore year... Or how about this?

I don't know where that rumor got started but Beck has a very strong arm. There was a standing joke about him throwing the ball out of the stadium, over the Church office building, over the mountain, etc on Cougarboard. Dude has an arm. In the combine 07 he had the second fastest ball next to Russell and everyone else was light years behind them, but also Beck had one of the most accurate. In 06 he would have been by far the strongest arm in the combine. As I said before. The question about Beck is not and never has been about strength or accuracy but about timing and getting at least fair protection. Once he gets that, I expect he will do quite well.

what i saw was a QB with some decent moves in the pocket but serious up field accuracy problems. the long ball the receiver had to turn around to catch it and on many they were over thrown but the fact he had a big receiver made the difference.

The point was to just see some of the good things he does, in terms of throwing mechanics. Because there's not much video of him out there. If you want to see him play poorly, and NOT put it all together, there's 4 straight games of him getting demolished as a raw rookie for the Dolphins, one of history's worst NFL teams. I'm sure you can download them or something.

That wasn't the point of this thread, if I had to guess. It was to look at some positives, and see him perform well, possibly getting a glimpse of what we could see from him here, in the event of the best-case scenario happening. We already know what happens in the worst-case scenario.

There was actually video posted not along ago of Beck's rookie year in MIA. Honestly, its an awful team, numbers-wise, Beck did not impress.

I saw more to like in him than in this highlight reel though, he put the ball in a catchable spot more often than not. Lot of drops and missed pass pro, I thought Beck looked as good as a QB could on that team....aside from fumbilitis. Think it was posted in the thread dealing with the first article of Shanny talking him up post draft. Then again, we were both posting in it, so this is more in response to the poster you quoted than you ;p

• 2 months later...
Evidently John Beck played a whole preseason game with Baltimore vs Atlanta....Ravens won 20-3. He throws two TD passes.

Nice clips of his scrambling ability and quick release...there's also a great deep ball he throws.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009090352/2009/PRE4/ravens@falcons/watch#tab:watch

Just thought I'd bump the last time Beck got to the plays with the 1s.

Archived