Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Preview Mags on Hold???

88Comrade2000

I'll save you the trouble of worrying:

NFC East Preview:

The Redskins will suck. Cowboys will bounce back and win the division, making the NFC Championship Game against the Packers. Giants and Eagles will finish in between the two somewhere.

Coach Of The Year: Jason Garrett

Offensive Player Of The Year: Bryant

Comeback Player Of The Year: Romo sits to pee

You're welcome.

I'll save you the trouble of worrying:

NFC East Preview:

The Redskins will suck. Cowboys will bounce back and win the division, making the NFC Championship Game against the Packers. Giants and Eagles will finish in between the two somewhere.

Coach Of The Year: Jason Garrett

Offensive Player Of The Year: Bryant

Comeback Player Of The Year: Romo sits to pee

You're welcome.

at least you will get one right....and that is one easy prediction........and that indeed does make it easy on the magazine editors and beat writers....its pretty easy to pick the last place team in the NFC EAST.

at least you will get one right....and that is one easy prediction........and that indeed does make it easy on the magazine editors and beat writers....its pretty easy to pick the last place team in the NFC EAST.

He will get them all right. They won't be correct, but the writers WILL dry hump Dallas again. Why should this year be different?

He will get them all right. They won't be correct, but the writers WILL dry hump Dallas again. Why should this year be different?

hahahahaha

indeed they will. Sucks. trust me, I live through it, but the funny thing is...the only predictions that they will get right, will be the Skins sucking.....which like i said, is really not that hard to see..........its a no-Brainer really.

hahahahaha

indeed they will. Sucks. trust me, I live through it, but the funny thing is...the only predictions that they will get right, will be the Skins sucking.....which like i said, is really not that hard to see..........its a no-Brainer really.

Sadly, that has been true. But you know it can't continue forever and Shanahan just might be the guy to turn it around. Imagine if a writer put himself out there with a prediction like: 'the Skins are shaping up and will be better than everyone thinks' or 'Dallas set to fail under new head puppet'. Instead, they will just recycle the same old crap from the last several years.

Sadly, that has been true. But you know it can't continue forever and Shanahan just might be the guy to turn it around. Imagine if a writer put himself out there with a prediction like: 'the Skins are shaping up and will be better than everything thinks' or 'Dallas set to fail under new head puppet'. Instead, they will just recycle the same old crap from the last several years.

sad but true.....however...i dont see much changing, nor do i see shanny as successful. He took a look at the roster last year and felt that the Skins were a "Donovan Mcnabb" away from contention.......so he decided to get Mcnabb instead of doing EXACTLY what the team needed (after a couple years of Zoooorn) and that was to rebuild.........hahaha. Not too keen on talent evaluating i see. HAHA! AND....here he is again this year...him and Bruce Allen both........failing to actually come out and say what we all know is the situation is Washington . "WE ARE REBUILDING" someone tell me why it is so gard for the Skins to just simply admit to a rebuild process????

He made a mistake with McNabb, that's for sure. But what other mistakes has he made? And why does he have to admit that he's rebuilding? Look at the moves he made in the draft, it is obvious.

not obvious and it is indeed something that Danny Boy just cant grasp and knowing him, prolly refuses to let anyone that works for him say it. I dont care what perception people have with Shanny and Danny.....Danny is still running that show, and pulling the strings....and that makes this dude one happy man! Worst owner in Sports and i am hoping the man never changes......

not obvious and it is indeed something that Danny Boy just cant grasp and knowing him, prolly refuses to let anyone that works for him say it. I dont care what perception people have with Shanny and Danny.....Danny is still running that show, and pulling the strings....and that makes this dude one happy man! Worst owner in Sports and i am hoping the man never changes......

Cut Devin Thomas and is forcing Dan's hand picked DT Haynesworth off of the team. Terrible owner, yes. Running the show? Not so much. If Dan wants to run the show he'll have to fire Shanahan like he did Marty. Now take a look at your own situation, where Jerry promoted another puppet and still gets to play GM and draft hurt linebackers. I hope that situation never changes.

Cut Devin Thomas and is forcing Dan's hand picked DT Haynesworth off of the team. Terrible owner, yes. Running the show? Not so much. If Dan wants to run the show he'll have to fire Shanahan like he did Marty. Now take a look at your own situation, where Jerry promoted another puppet and still gets to play GM and draft hurt linebackers. I hope that situation never changes.

A) i am friends with a LB/SS that played right next to B.Carter at Carolina..... and dude will be ready for the summer. Trust me......But taking a flyer on a hurt player in the draft especially with valuable draft picks is indeed risky....i get that, however as bad as Jerrah is don't forget to check out the man's fingers and the 3 rings he has on em......say what you will....blah blah blah, about Jimmy and the reason he has em....bottom line is, He has em and showed that he is very capable of getting that team to the Superbowl as an owner/GM. Quite frankly i am not his biggest fan, and I have said as much, but will Danny boy ever see 3 rings???? doubtful!

Did i miss something???? I could have sworn Haynsworth is still on the team? when was he cut???

He will fire Shanny........if not this year the next. Shanny does not have more then 16 games left on that sideline......

hahahahaha

Which has made beating the over-rated and mega-hyped Cowboys season after season that much sweeter...because the hype continually sets up their gullible fan base to believe their team has more TALENT than it really does, and having the "lowly" Redskins beat them on a regular basis just underscores how over-rated and mediocre that team really is. :thumbsup:

Which has made beating the over-rated and mega-hyped Cowboys season after season that much sweeter...because the hype continually sets up their gullible fan base to believe their team has more TALENT than it really does, and having the "lowly" Redskins beat them on a regular basis just underscores how over-rated and mediocre that team really is. :thumbsup:

oh God....not this again...first Cooley is "abusing Ware on a regular basis"....now the Skins beat Dallas on a regular basis".............you cant make this stuff up!

Please tell me i am being messed with and some how this is an internet version of candid camera.........Because this cant be a real response!

WOW

oh God....not this again...first Cooley is "abusing Ware on a regular basis"....now the Skins beat Dallas on a regular basis".............you cant make this stuff up!

Please tell me i am being messed with and some how this is an internet version of candid camera.........Because this cant be a real response!

WOW

Hmmm...maybe you live in some alternate reality where getting beat at least once a year for 5 of the last 6 seasons is not considered "regular"....Oh, wait, you live in Cowboysfanland, where the only way to be right about something is to take statements to an exaggerated level:

"Redskins beat the Cowboys on a regular basis", when run through the Cowboysfan filter, becomes "Redskins have swept the Cowboys every year since 1997"...thus making it easier for Cowboys fans to argue against the point and continue to drown in their delusions.

For the rest of us who live in reality and have our sensibilities in tact, going 6-6 against the Cowboys over the last 6 years does indeed qualify as "beating the Cowboys on a regular basis".

Hmmm...maybe you live in some alternate reality where getting beat at least once a year for 5 of the last 6 seasons is not considered "regular"....Oh, wait, you live in Cowboysfanland, where the only way to be right about something is to take statements to an exaggerated level:

"Redskins beat the Cowboys on a regular basis", when run through the Cowboysfan filter, becomes "Redskins have swept the Cowboys every year since 1997"...thus making it easier for Cowboys fans to argue against the point and continue to drown in their delusions.

For the rest of us who live in reality and have our sensibilities in tact, going 6-6 against the Cowboys over the last 6 years does indeed qualify as "beating the Cowboys on a regular basis".

AH hahahahahahaha

only Skins fan can take a split series for 3 years and call it "beat on a regular basis"........OMG, you cant be serious. In theory then....the Cowboys have beaten the Skins on a "regular basis TOO.........Oh how medium you all have become.

When the Cowboys rolled out 10 in a row from 1998-2002 OVER the Skins...that was beating the on a regular basis......The Cowboys have literally won 4 out of the last 5 games over Washington......have you been hit on the head recently????

Nov 16 2008 Dallas 14-10

Nov 22 2009 Dallas 7-6

Dec 27 2009 Dallas 17-0

Sept 12 2010 Washington 13-7

DEc 19 2010 Dallas 33-30

Are you feeling ok? (i am serious)

past 5 seasons (10 Games) 2006-2010

Dallas 6 Wins Skins 4 Wins

WOW...indeed i do live in an alternate reality.........its called the real world!

AH hahahahahahaha

only Skins fan can take a split series for 3 years and call it "beat on a regular basis"

Only a Cowboys fan could have the limited math skills to think a record of 6-6 against the Cowboys could be achieved in only 3 years. ;)

.......OMG, you cant be serious. In theory then....the Cowboys have beaten the Skins on a "regular basis TOO.........Oh how medium you all have become.

Yep, they have...and unlike you, if a Cowboys fan had said the Cowboys had beat the Redskins on a regular basis, I wouldn't make myself look foolish by laughing it off as ridiculous. I'd actually agree with them. That's because "regularly" can mean "consistently"...which in order to be consistent means it has to happen with enough frequency as to be predictable, forming a pattern, if you will. The consistency I spoke of here is from one season to the next--which is obvious by how I mentioned the words "seasons" and "years" in my post, in case that sailed over your head...not from one game to the next. I've been able to regularly and consistently watch the "god awful" Redskins beat the "TALENTED" Cowboys season after season after season after season, for the last 6 years...with only one season varying from the norm.

Go grab a friend to help you understand that if the words are too big.

When the Cowboys rolled out 10 in a row from 1998-2002 OVER the Skins...that was beating the on a regular basis......

No, that was dominating the Redskins. The Giants currently dominate the Redskins.

The Cowboys have literally won 4 out of the last 5 games over Washington......have you been hit on the head recently????

Nov 16 2008 Dallas 14-10

Nov 22 2009 Dallas 7-6

Dec 27 2009 Dallas 17-0

Sept 12 2010 Washington 13-7

DEc 19 2010 Dallas 33-30

Hmm, did the Skins only play the Cowboys 5 times over the last 6 years? Cuz by my count they've played 12 times...which, of course, is what I said in rather clear language in my earlier post. And of course which I once again tried to clarify for your more limited comprehension skills by pointing out I was not talking from game to game, but from season to season.

Oh, gosh darn it, I forgot to run my post through the Cowboysfan filter again, didn't I...Lemme do that now. :thumbsup:

"The Redskins have regularly beaten the Cowboys over the last 6 years" becomes...

(lots of gears turning and lights flashing)

"The Redskins have regularly beaten the Cowboys over the last 5 games"...

Damn, this gizmo's amazing. It does help explain the mindset of a lot of Cowboys fans, though lol...

Are you feeling ok? (i am serious)

Your posts do tend to cause queasiness in readers (I am serous), but I'm fine :cool:...

past 5 seasons (10 Games) 2006-2010

Dallas 6 Wins Skins 4 Wins

WOW...indeed i do live in an alternate reality.........its called the real world!

You are having a conversation with yourself, I see...because I mentioned the last six years...yet your response has mentioned the last 5 years, the last 5 games...and some 4 year stretch starting back in 1998 :ols:...

I'm sorry for interrupting AlBundyHighSchool...I honestly didn't realize you had a voice in your head that you debate with. I'll make sure not to interrupt again. :)

in a rivalry game between two teams in the same division., a split series is not in any way "beating a team on a regular basis"...no matter how you want to spin it, its not. And dont speak for me as a Cowboys fan and what I would say......FACT IS

Dallas has won 4 out of the last 5 match ups VS the Skins.....period. There is no way to spin it otherwise, nor do i care..........really. Beating the Skins 4 out of 5 means nothing whatsoever to me and is not even the least bit impressive considering how bad the skins are EVERY YEAR!

You brought up "beating the Cowboys on a regular basis"......... and in terms of football talk and bragging on one team over the other in a "rivalry" then by all means your statement looks stupid to say the least. I cant imagine sitting at a table at a sports bar and hearing a Steeler fan say to a Ravens fan..(all hypothetical)...we dominate your team on a regular Basis.....(and the series match ups between the two was split) ONLY...and i do mean ONLY a Skins fan would consider splitting with another team "winning on a regular basis.......how flippin embarrassing is that!?!?!?!?!

Whatever...........this is worthless to even debate and quite honestly i dont even think you are serious about it.......I honest to goodness think you are pulling my leg on this one, because no way on Earth could you really think that splitting a serious with a team each year is beating them on a regular basis........no matter how you word it or no matter how "semantically" you break it down!

I am done on this topic completely ....see you in the next "Demarcus Ware is an average player" thread........

EDIT: and by that i do mean i give up......you win this one...i wave the white flag......Semantics or not, one could gather that by splitting with the Dallas Cowboys, the Skins win (on average) at least 1 game a year VS Dallas for the past 6 seasons therefore in their eyes they do in fact beat the Cowboys on a regular basis .......

I promise you that it would take another 10 game win streak fro me to say that the Cowboys beat the skins on a regular basis...but hey thats just me. I mean hell 4 out of the last 5 times they played, the Cowboys won, and to me that is not on a "regular" basis.

Keep it medium Washington, by all means keep it medium!

TRPB only wishes things were the same with the Redskins and Snyder. He's afraid things are changing and can't bring himself to admit it. He has no proof things have remained the same besides one dumb McNabb trade, yet we have provided evidence of:

1) no headlines about Snyder meddling or "Wanting" a certain player and demanding Allen or Shanahan get that guy.

2) signing "ANY" high priced free agents to mega deals, long term contracts or cap hindering deals.

3) actually taking 6 picks last August and doubling them to 12 and picking some solid guys to bolster the roster.

4) jettisoning more than 30 million off the cap along with older, high priced vets last year, with more to come this year including Clinton Portis.

But no, nothing has changed. When/If free agency starts, we'll go after the next Julius Peppers like last year....errr wait? We didn't do that, did we? Why are Poke fans so stubborn sometimes?

I'm sorry for interrupting AlBundyHighSchool...I honestly didn't realize you had a voice in your head that you debate with. I'll make sure not to interrupt again. :)

Witty.......Cali........ indeed witty...what does that mean exactly. I guess your way of "putting me in my place" is comparing me to Al Bundy???? okay then, to each his own......

I guess because i happen to know a little about football i have to all the sudden be al bundy. hahahahahaha........

Sorry I even entered into a debate with you and your superior football knowledge

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 01:31 PM ----------

TRPB only wishes things were the same with the Redskins and Snyder. He's afraid things are changing and can't bring himself to admit it. He has no proof things have remained the same besides one dumb McNabb trade, yet we have provided evidence of:

1) no headlines about Snyder meddling or "Wanting" a certain player and demanding Allen or Shanahan get that guy.

2) signing "ANY" high priced free agents to mega deals, long term contracts or cap hindering deals.

3) actually taking 6 picks last August and doubling them to 12 and picking some solid guys to bolster the roster.

4) jettisoning more than 30 million off the cap along with older, high priced vets last year, with more to come this year including Clinton Portis.

But no, nothing has changed. When/If free agency starts, we'll go after the next Julius Peppers like last year....errr wait? We didn't do that, did we? Why are Poke fans so stubborn sometimes?

I assure you i am not afraid..............whatever that means!

And we seen this act before, as in Gibbs 2.0.

Snyder hasnt the ability to let this thing run its course. Ity will take to long as it is. The roster and the pieces in place have the Skins too far off to be competitive.........in the so called "present" and The man isnt capable of sitting through a rebuild process that may take 3-4 years not including last season. The Skins do not have the pieces in place nor the players needed to finish anywhere but last this season, that alone could get the RAT fired.....

Face it, the Skins haven't hit bottom yet.....you guys might want to "Believe" that Zorn was bottom....but this team has farther to drop.......Quite honestly i am going to enjoy the hell out of the next 2-3 years for when the skins do finally hit the rock bottom!

Shanny actually thought this team was a player away.....and he got that player...a damn good player......Mcnabb is a great QB.......the Skins will be so much worse with Beck and/or Grossman........you do have Luck....not the four leaf clover luck, but the QB...Luck to look forward to!

and even then it will take at least 3 years for him to be at a playoff level......by then Hall will be done, Fletch will be done, Rak will be a FA.......and they still wont have a good OL.......

This whole post is a massive whiff. Just because your guy won't put down the reins doesn't mean ours didn't. Do you really think that if Danny was still running the show he would have let Shanahan jerk around McNabb and Haynesworth last year? Haynesworth was his big decision. So by all means feel extremely happy thinking something that isn't true. You know, sort of like Ware is okay in coverage.

in a rivalry game between two teams in the same division., a split series is not in any way "beating a team on a regular basis"...no matter how you want to spin it, its not.

I'M spinning? lol :ols:...You just chose to define "regular basis" to exclude any other possible meaning but your own.

"on a regular basis

adverb

in a regular manner; "letters arrived regularly from his children"..."

- Dictionary.com

"HAHAHA! He doesn't get a letter from his children every day!! He only gets them once every month or so. That's not a regular basis! If he got them everyday THEN it would be on a regular basis!"

- TonyRomoProBowl

"Bernanke to brief press on regular basis

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke will begin holding news conferences four times a year to answer questions about the Federal Reserve’s policy decisions."

- Washington Post

"HAHAHAHA!! Four times a year is not a regular basis! Do you know how many times he's given a news conference in the last 3 1/2 weeks? ZERO. Do you know how many times he's given a news conference in the last 4 1/2 months? ONCE! Back in 1998 the old Chairman gave SEVEN news conferences in one year one time!"

- TonyRomoProBowl

"I would like to know the meaning of regular basis?

It's another way of saying in a regular manner.

It is done regularly (or frequently) in a systematic way.

So the person speaking might make a point of going to the movies at least 3 times a month, or every other Saturday, for example."

- EnglishTest.net

"HAHAHAHA!! The guy only goes to a movie every other weekend? That's not a regular basis! Movies open every weekend...he doesn't even go during the week! How can you call going every other weekend a 'regular basis' LOL!!"

- TonyRomoProBowl

See above...

And dont speak for me as a Cowboys fan and what I would say......

Don't need to...my handy Cowboysfan filter does it for me. :thumbsup:

FACT IS

Dallas has won 4 out of the last 5 match ups VS the Skins.....period. There is no way to spin it otherwise, nor do i care..........really. Beating the Skins 4 out of 5 means nothing whatsoever to me and is not even the least bit impressive considering how bad the skins are EVERY YEAR!

Whoa, having that talk with the voice in your head again?...Since I never mentioned the last 5 games I know you're not referring to anything I said on this thread, so I'll just keep quiet and let you continue arguing with your, um, "friend" :paranoid:...

You brought up "beating the Cowboys on a regular basis"......... and in terms of football talk and bragging on one team over the other in a "rivalry" then by all means your statement looks stupid to say the least.

As stupid as, say, calling the rival team terrible and always awful while your team REGULARLY loses to them over the last 6 years? lol ;)...

I cant imagine sitting at a table at a sports bar and hearing a Steeler fan say to a Ravens fan..(all hypothetical)...we dominate your team on a regular Basis.....(and the series match ups between the two was split) ONLY...and i do mean ONLY a Skins fan would consider splitting with another team "winning on a regular basis.......how flippin embarrassing is that!?!?!?!?!

Um...you have to WIN in order TO split the series, correct? lol...

Now, if the Skins went three season sweeping the Cowboys and then the Cowboys swept the Redskins over the last three seasons, i would not have said the Skins beat the Cowboys on a regular basis, even though the series wold have still been split 6-6. Why would that be? Anyone? Class?

Whatever...........this is worthless to even debate and quite honestly i dont even think you are serious about it.......I honest to goodness think you are pulling my leg on this one, because no way on Earth could you really think that splitting a serious with a team each year is beating them on a regular basis........no matter how you word it or no matter how "semantically" you break it down!

It's not semantically broken down, it's literally defined for you because your Cowboysfan filter is working overtime on this one :ols:...

I am done on this topic completely

Takes so litle intellect to exhaust you ;)..

....see you in the next "Demarcus Ware is an average player" thread........

We haven't had a Demarcus Ware is an average player" thread yet as far as I know...

Damn! forgot to put that thread through the Cowboysfan filter, which can take any comment and turn it into a strawman argument in less than 5 seconds. Also makes tons of julienne fries!

EDIT: and by that i do mean i give up......you win this one...i wave the white flag......Semantics or not, one could gather that by splitting with the Dallas Cowboys, the Skins win (on average) at least 1 game a year VS Dallas for the past 6 seasons therefore in their eyes they do in fact beat the Cowboys on a regular basis .......

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...*snort*, huh, what?...Oh, you're finally talking to ME, and addressing MY points lol...sorry, I dozed off while waiting.

I promise you that it would take another 10 game win streak fro me to say that the Cowboys beat the skins on a regular basis...but hey thats just me. I mean hell 4 out of the last 5 times they played, the Cowboys won, and to me that is not on a "regular" basis.

I feel sorry for your kids if they don't write you enough :ols:...

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 10:53 AM ----------

Witty.......Cali........ indeed witty...what does that mean exactly. I guess your way of "putting me in my place" is comparing me to Al Bundy???? okay then, to each his own......

I guess because i happen to know a little about football i have to all the sudden be al bundy. hahahahahaha........

Sorry I even entered into a debate with you and your superior football knowledge

Geez,. not only do you have a thin skin and a Cowboysfan filter on overdrive, but you have a terrible memory as well lol...

I called you AlBundyHighSchool months ago in a joking manner and said I'd call you that from now on, and you laughed lol...I then posted a pic of Al Bundy in his "football pose" and you laughed at that, too...

Now? Now you're saying "What does that mean" when I mention it :ols:...

I meant it jokingly again, but you know what? I change my mind. I now will say I meant it because you constantly throw in the fact that you "coach high school football" and that it should impress us much like Al Bundy feels that "scoring 4 TDs in one game" while at Polk High should impress the ladies lol...

Filter (perceive) that however you will...

636083-albundy33_large.jpg

one could fall asleep trying to get through the dribble Cali writes....you take things that serious, yet you think i have thin skin????

Says the guy who wrote like 7 War & Peace-length posts on the Demarcus Ware thread :ols:...

Seriously, anyone who wants to go over to that thread and see how many gargantuan posts TRPB has on there...

My Goodness, if you feel better about yourself now then by all means Congrats! You have stroked your ego hard today.......

I always feel fine about myself, thank you :D...destroying Dallas fan logic is something I do while yawning, it's so easy.

Archived