Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saints Crowded Backfield

NDIrish

Let me start by saying, NO REGGIE BUSH. Not being sure about Helu, and certain Evan Royster isn't the answer, should we look at Pierre Thomas. He is coming off of an injury and may come on the cheap. He is a big back with some quickness, and think he might be worth a 3rd or 4th round pick. I like Torrain, but would like to know we have someone else we can count on.

Any insight? I am not really sure where he stands with his injury, but I believe he was back for the playoff's.

Sorry. Google should have been my friend, I should have checked before starting this post. Of course, in the NFL, no contract is worth the paper it is printed on, but that could be a little hefty for what we would probably be getting

Sorry. Google should have been my friend, I should have checked before starting this post. Of course, in the NFL, no contract is worth the paper it is printed on, but that could be a little hefty for what we would probably be getting

What makes you think that about royster? He set some records at Penn.

We just spent multiple draft picks on young runners to go along with a few low priced veterans experienced in our system. You now want us to possibly give up more draft picks for a veteran coming off an injury? If there was ever a position you want to be young at its running back.

It's not like its Tiki Barber here, Thomas is only 26 years old, so barring injury easily has 3 more years left. I am also not talking a 1st round pick here. I figure a 3rd or a 4th. When healthy, Thomas was a gifted runner.

Yeah, I mean, Royster had a bad senior season but is the all-time rushing leader at Penn State. Also, he's a one cut and go type of back, which Shanahan prefers. Who knows, he could be the next 1,000 yard late-round running back that has a few good seasons here before Shanahan trades him to another team.

It's not like its Tiki Barber here, Thomas is only 26 years old, so barring injury easily has 3 more years left. I am also not talking a 1st round pick here. I figure a 3rd or a 4th. When healthy, Thomas was a gifted runner.

Stop. Just stop. We just drafted some RBs!

What makes you think the Saints would even give him up for that price anyway?

Thomas is good, but I think we have a decent backfield already.

I'm happy to ride the Torrain train as long as Ryan is healthy, and unlike the OP, I have high expectations for our rookie runners.

Shanny compared Helu to Clinton Portis. Helu is an ideal one-cut runner, and a burner. Royster was a workhorse at Penn State, setting the school rushing record. Shanny said he thinks Royster can push for a starting job too.

Between Torrain, Helu, and Royster, we look to be set at RB.

lol....why do we as Redskins fans always feel the need to go out and reach FAs at every position. We are stacked at RB ad have so much potential at the position. We have 3 young guys in Royster, Helu, and Torain. We also have Williams and Brown.....I don't see a reason for us going to get a RB in FA lmao. I'm sorry thats just idiotic. Shanahan just picked up 2 nice RBs that fit his system well. Let OUR RBs touch the field first sir.

Archived