Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much luck do we need to get....Luck?

HailToTheRedskins14

Which NFC East Team Has Had the Best Draft So Far?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFC East Team Has Had the Best Draft So Far?

We really do not have to tank on purpose to be in the running for one of the top 4 QBs next year.

Talent wise I do not see how we are not going to be 4th in the division and if that means picking in the top 5 and finally getting an actual can't miss franchise QB for the next decade, instead of busting ***** to finish 8-8 for a warm and fuzzy fleeting feeling, so be it.

This team doesn't need any luck to be among the worst in the NFL next season, and I am 100% fine with that. We are finally building things the right way, I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of young, inexperienced guys in that line-up next year that Coach Shannahan is gonna coach up and let them go through the growing pains in order to make this team better for the future.

You can all but bet your bottom dollar next year we will be taking a QB with our #1, there is really no doubt about that. Locker was the guy this year, and when Tennessee moved to get him the team went into Plan B. Stockpile the young talent to fill holes in this aging roster and take a kick at the can next year when the QB class will more than likely be much deeper with more pro-ready passers.

Arizona Cardinals (5-11 in 2010)

Miami Dolphins (7-9 in 2010)

Seattle Seahawks (7-9 in 2010)

Oakland Raiders (8-8 in 2010)

Buffalo Bills (4-12 in 2010)

Washington Redskins (6-10 in 2010)

I would add the Denver Broncos to that list. They have a new regime and Tebow is still a project so if they are in the same position again next year, they'll take Luck.

With that said, I'm not sure why people don't think we'll be in pretty good position to have a chance at Luck. It's really quite possible if I'm looking at the competition within divisions without actually going over every teams schedule. All the teams listed above finished the season with better records than us besides the Bills and Broncos. The Dolphins are a solid team and will probably have a decent season although they do play in a tough division. The Raiders are in the same division as the Broncos, along with the Chiefs and the Chargers. They could also have another decent season as the Chargers are the only team that really stands out in that division. Seahawks are another team in an unspectacular division so they also have the chance to put together a mediocre season. They already won the division in Pete Carroll's first season and that was with an offense that he didn't even support. And then there's us, with some major pieces of our team possibly leaving via FA and playing in arguably the toughest division in the NFL. While I think we'll a competitive team, it's likely we finish last in our division. We're getting younger and there will be growing pains, so we could really take a step back by a few games next season, although I don't think by much.

I just don't see it as that unrealistic that we'll be in good position to have a shot at Luck or at least be able to trade up to get him. Almost positive the Raiders can't make a move up as they already traded away they're 2nd round pick next year so I would kind of eliminate them from the picture. The Bills, Broncos, and possibly the Seahawks are the only teams I see potentially standing in the way, but even if it's not Lucky, next year's QB class will almost surely be better than this years and we should still be in decent position to grab a potential franchise QB.

Archived