Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7 round mock draft

SkinsGuru

I like the Redskins draft selections Guru. I do question (somewhat) the Chiefs taking Phil Taylor though. I really think they're looking hard and heavy for any OL help. Not a bad 2nd choice though at all however.

Thanks for posting it.

---------- Post added April-23rd-2011 at 08:05 AM ----------

What the heck, here's mine:

#10 - DE Cameron Jordan

#41 - QB Colin Kaepernick

Trade up into 3rd for OT Jah Reid

Call it a draft at that point

Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock

That made me smile....college called slippery rock, lol.

In this case I might try to trade up in the top third early second for LeShoure (who is a beast) or Ryan Williams (local kid, fits systeme perfecly)....but Darell Scott will probally be just fine enough.

I like the Redskins draft selections Guru. I do question (somewhat) the Chiefs taking Phil Taylor though. I really think they're looking hard and heavy for any OL help. Not a bad 2nd choice though at all however.

Thanks for posting it.

---------- Post added April-23rd-2011 at 08:05 AM ----------

What the heck, here's mine:

#10 - DE Cameron Jordan

#41 - QB Colin Kaepernick

Trade up into 3rd for OT Jah Reid

Call it a draft at that point

No problem Champ. I'd love for us to take Kaepernick in the second as well, and I think we would if he falls to us. I just don't see him getting passed Tennessee though. We'd have to move up to nab him. They seem to be expressing real interest in him, though I know its tough to believe anything this time of year.

---------- Post added April-23rd-2011 at 02:00 PM ----------

Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock

That made me smile....college called slippery rock, lol.

In this case I might try to trade up in the top third early second for LeShoure (who is a beast) or Ryan Williams (local kid, fits systeme perfecly)....but Darell Scott will probally be just fine enough.

Ryan Williams would be great, but with so many holes and so few quality picks, I don't see us spending as high a pick as we'd need to to land Williams. You're right about Scott, he seems to be the kind of breakaway, one-cut runner that could thrive in our current scheme (though we'd need to upgrade the line as well). He should also present good value considering where he's projected to go.

Fusco seems like a beast, and I'd be happy with this pick, but it seems he only projects as a Center, as opposed to plenty of college centers who will end up playing guard. We're in desperate need of a solid young center though, and he seems to have real potential. Small school guy who dominated at that level.

Really like Paea and Fusco. Not sold on Scott. Would really have liked to see them take a chance on Mark Herzlich, OLB/ILB, Boston College with one of the 7th rounders. I find hard to see them not taking a QB late in the first or early in the second which of course requires a much desired trade down for extra picks.

Archived