Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PS3 Problems?

Elessar78

Yesterday I bought I DVD lens cleaning kit. It's a DVD with little brushes. I know it's not a DVD type device but that's the only thing available near me. It did not work.

There's a Blu Ray specific cleaning kit, I'll try that.

I read online that cleaning the PS3 with a DVD cleaning kit with brushes will ruin the blue ray lens. I was having problems, but figured out it was just the game I was playing. I did a little research online, but never cleaned the lens. After seeing plenty of negatives about the DVD cleaning kit, I will not use it on my PS3.

I wonder if it was something to do with this:

Sony Network Entertainment America Taking Over SCEA's Online Services

by Mike Rose

Link to article here

Sony is preparing to transfer over its PlayStation Network services from Sony Computer Entertainment America to its Sony Network Entertainment America subsidiary, established early last year.

From April 1, PSN users will be required to agree and adhere to a new set of terms and conditions from SNEA. Users' online PSN wallets will be transferred across in the process.

Those users who choose to decline the new terms and conditions will have their PSN accounts closed and their wallets refunded.

Sony notes that, "Your access to the best games, movies, TV shows, music and friends will remain intact."

The new terms in full can be found at Qriocity, the music and video streaming service run by SNEA. Set up last year, SNEA also handles Sony's Bravia brand, as well as the Sony Dash hardware and Blu-ray players.

Head of Sony's consumer products unit Kaz Hirai said last year that Sony Network Entertainment "will drive vision, strategy, and execution for network services across the entire Sony group", adding that the subsidiary with be a "key driver for Sony's future growth."

Archived