Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Spiders lead to Mazda recall

Predicto

Sac spiders are moderately small, yellowish colored spiders that prefer to live among plants, but are often found in houses in many areas of the United States. They are often transported into Northwestern states in clusters of grapes from vineyards in California and elsewhere. These spiders are probably actually responsible for most “brown recluse” bites reported in certain parts of the country.

spider-yellow-sac.jpg

Looks hungry. :paranoid:

I swear I see those around and in my truck all the time (Tundra). The last one I saw had moved in behind the door to the gas-cap. I wonder if they like the smell of fuel? They are always running across my windshield as I'm driving. It sucks when it happens at night. All you see is the silhouette of a spider go running by, you can't tell if its inside or out. :yikes:

Spiders aside (and that's asking a lot I know), imagine getting back one of these recalled cars. I can only think they're going to place them in a paint room type environment and bug bomb the living hell out of them. A year later, windows rolled up on a hot, sunny filled steamy day down south somewhere...Ugggghhhh there is going to be some outgassing and some three eyed childrens.

I bet it's some pheromone thing with some plastic part thing that's attracting the death thing. After all any spider with sac in his name is a slayer of more than humans.

No kidding, the large ones with the huge abdomens always scare the **** out of me.

I just don't like the way they move, and can just sit still, and appear to play dead, until you get close to them, and they freak out.

We've got lots and lots of black widows out here. There are as common as crickets are in most places. Thankfully the type of habitat they like is not indoors but I'm just guessing there are probably a couple in my garage and they are all over my patio. As long as they keep their distance they are helping me out. They are really good skeeter catchers, their web is just an ugly mess but it's effective. I suppose I could worry about it and continually spray/hunt but I'm just careful when sticking hand in dark places. I have killed a bunch of them in my time that picked the wrong cooler to hang out in.

Archived