Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Opening Another Bank Account

Zazzaro703

Long story short about not currently having a bank account. My old BoA had unauthorized charges and BoA were jerks about it so i closed my account which sucks cause i always liked them. Went to Wells Fargo and they were even worse i thought with some of their fees. So being that the grass is always greener going back to BoA plus the Hyatt Corporation (my employer) has perks there.

Question is.... The driving force behind going tomorrow is that I want to Pre-Order the Collectors Edition Digital download of a game called Rift. I beta tested it over the weekend and love it. Anyways I'll need a debit card (Got in trouble with Credit Cards before so closed them for now decided i don't need to spend what i don't have) from my new Bank of America account when i go tomorrow. I know they give you a temporary debit card while your real one comes in the mail. Will the temporary debit card have that 3 digit security code on the back so i can purchase this game tomorrow? Or do i need to just hope that tomorrow being February 8th ill get my real card in the mail by February 23 and have access to the Head Start on Feb 24???

FYI, If you have a mortgage at HSBC, you are eligible for their top tiered (platinum, I think) checking with no minimum balance. Normally the minimum is 15K. There is only one branch near me, but I think it's worth opening up an account with a small balance, just to take advantage of the benefits.

Oh im just talking about opening a standard bank account. I get free checking working at Hyatt so i was going to go open an account tomorrow with like 300 bucks cash... and then with the temporary debit card they give me while the real debit card is made and mailed to me I wanted to know if that temporary card really acts like my real card. Because ordering things online ask for the billing address, Card Number, Exp, and 3 digit security number on back. Do the temporary new bank account debit cards have this information.

If I was starting with a new bank, I would go to Alliant, no question. None of the banks like BOA, Wachovia, etc. will come close to touching the interest rate they'll give you on a standard checking account. Lots of ATMs (but you have to check your area). Unless you can't get direct deposit or have some other reason to frequently need to walk into a branch office, I would definitely give them a look. They won't give you a video game, but if your standard balance is a decent number the interest you get on the account will be enough to buy the game before too long

My current bank whom I've been satisfied with also seems to be being a jerk about an unauthorized transaction. I've been laid down by a ridiculously harsh sickness, but I'm finally going to get to talk to someone at the bank about it this afternoon. Chances are, if your customer calls up angry about an unauthorized transfer of significant amount of money on the account, and he's never transferred money in this manner before; it might not be legit (I always transfer my money via my online banking; I never transfer money via phone... yet somehow I decided to randomly transfer money over the phone?). The first customer service rep I talked to indicated the transfer wouldn't get reversed if they determined it was my legit transfer; w-t-f! She was trying to get me to "remember" how I transferred this money.

Archived