Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we replace refs w/ computers?

freakofthesouth

It's something I think about a lot, particularly with the calls from a game like last night.

There is too much on the line with these games, including millions of $s in revenues, players' reputaiions, etc. to be placed in the hands of aging referees who naturally make humanistic errors.

It would cost a good bit of $ to develop, but we could have a computerized ref system where every play, ball spot, catch, fumble, penalty, etc. would be foolproof. Don't tell me the NFL doesn't have the money. This would do away with challenging for good...every play would be called the way it really happened.

It's only fair, and we should think about it! Poelpe, this is the 21st century, and having 40-something year old referees calling these games is entirely outdated.

Maybe in addition to the officials on the field, they can have more officials in their own private booth watching the game on monitors. If they see a blatant penalty they can buzz into the officials on the field or something.

THis still doesn't address some rules that NEED TO BE OUTRIGHT CHANGED. like the "in the grasp" crap that keeps saving teams when we force fumbles.......Tiki Barber last year, So Far Vinny this year.

I don't really mind the officiating too much. What I can't and will never understand is why those tards are always so quick to whistle a play dead and call players down by contact. I thought the refs were instructed to be more careful with their whistle, yet we see the same bs over and over again.

Either they correct the refs with their quick whistles or they make it so that you can challenge a play eventhough the player was ruled down by contact or the play was whistled dead.

Archived