Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tryon Starting for Colts Last Night

moondog

Former Redskin Justin Tryon has been starting for the Colts the later half of the season and last night's playoff game against the Jets due to injuries (6 regular season starts, 12 games played + plus the start last night). I thought Tryon played and tackled well. I'm not saying it was a mistake to let him go or calling the team out, just found it interesting.

Considering Rogers is a FA this year perhaps in hindsight it may have been best to keep him, but does anyone know if our draft pick changes because he started 6 games or anything like that?

He was burned terribly. Especially on giving them the last pass to win the game.

It was interesting to see the montage they had at the end of that game:

1. The camera panned to Tryon before the final completion. You just knew he was going to cost them the game.

2. Immediately after that play, the camera moved to Nick Folk, who kicked the game winning field goal.

3. The first person they showed after Nick Folk? As ecstatic Jason Taylor on the sidelines, advancing deeper into the playoffs years after leaving Washington behind.

He was burned terribly. Especially on giving them the last pass to win the game.

1. The camera panned to Tryon before the final completion. You just knew he was going to cost them the game.

2. Immediately after that play, the camera moved to Nick Folk, who kicked the game winning field goal.

3. The first person they showed after Nick Folk? As ecstatic Jason Taylor on the sidelines, advancing deeper into the playoffs years after leaving Washington behind.

Considering the fact that it was Lacey on the final completion to Edwards, I would say he did not cost them the game...Tryon did give up an 11 yard pass to Holmes when the defense had him playing way off the receiver. Interesting that Tryon actually played a pretty decent game despite being forced into the starting lineup because of injury.

he was burned terribly. Especially on giving them the last pass to win the game.

1. The camera panned to tryon before the final completion. You just knew he was going to cost them the game.

2. Immediately after that play, the camera moved to nick folk, who kicked the game winning field goal.

3. The first person they showed after nick folk? As ecstatic jason taylor on the sidelines, advancing deeper into the playoffs years after leaving washington behind.

its a conspiracy!!!

Considering the fact that it was Lacey on the final completion to Edwards, I would say he did not cost them the game...Tryon did give up an 11 yard pass to Holmes when the defense had him playing way off the receiver. Interesting that Tryon actually played a pretty decent game despite being forced into the starting lineup because of injury.

+1

He wasn't a shutdown corner but I thought he played well considering the WR's he was going up against. Not a Pro Bowler but he's a player I liked while he was in Washington. Most likely not a good trade unless we really strike gold.

Any word on if any conditions were met for a higher pick?

Everything I've been able to find from when the trade went down says "undisclosed" draft pick rather than "conditional" draft pick. I know at some point it was said what round that pick would be in but I don't remember. All the articles I've found lead me to believe it wasn't conditional so I guess it doesn't really matter afterall.

Archived