Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Jason Garrett could be named Cowboys head coach today

tr1

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/jason-garrett-could-be-named-c.html

Posted at 9:22 AM on Tue., Jan. 4, 2011

Jerry Jones said an announcement about the Dallas Cowboys' head coach vacancy could come today.

Jones told this to KRLD-FM, the Cowboys flagship radio station, Tuesday morning. He acknowledged this process is moving at a rapid pace and he's on the verge of wrapping it up. But as of now, no press conference has been scheduled.

Jones and Jason Garrett have not spoken about the job since the season ended Sunday night, but Jones has indicated that won't be necessary given the level of famaliarity he has with Garrett. He is scheduled to interview receivers coach Ray Sherman today to satisfy the NFL's Rooney Rule regarding minority candidates.

---------- Post added January-4th-2011 at 06:48 PM ----------

"Ray, Ray, are you there?"

"Yes, Mr. Jones, I'm here on the phone."

"Ray, did you know that you applied for the head coaching job?"

"No, Mr. Jones. I didn't."

"Well, Ray, you did. Now, Ray, uh, Ray are you still there?"

"Yes, Mr. Jones, I'm here."

"Now, Ray, after...uh...after significant consideration, I'm...I'm sorry to inform you that you didn't get the head coaching job."

"Damn, Mr. Jones...why not?

"Ray...Ray...are you there, Ray? I can't hear him...damned phone..."

click

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/jason-garrett-could-be-named-c.html

Posted at 9:22 AM on Tue., Jan. 4, 2011

Jerry Jones said an announcement about the Dallas Cowboys' head coach vacancy could come today.

Jones told this to KRLD-FM, the Cowboys flagship radio station, Tuesday morning. He acknowledged this process is moving at a rapid pace and he's on the verge of wrapping it up. But as of now, no press conference has been scheduled.

Jones and Jason Garrett have not spoken about the job since the season ended Sunday night, but Jones has indicated that won't be necessary given the level of famaliarity he has with Garrett. He is scheduled to interview receivers coach Ray Sherman today to satisfy the NFL's Rooney Rule regarding minority candidates.

---------- Post added January-4th-2011 at 06:48 PM ----------

"Ray, Ray, are you there?"

"Yes, Mr. Jones, I'm here on the phone."

"Ray, did you know that you applied for the head coaching job?"

"No, Mr. Jones. I didn't."

"Well, Ray, you did. Now, Ray, uh, Ray are you still there?"

"Yes, Mr. Jones, I'm here."

"Now, Ray, after...uh...after significant consideration, I'm...I'm sorry to inform you that you didn't get the head coaching job."

"Damn, Mr. Jones...why not?

"Ray...Ray...are you there, Ray? I can't hear him...damned phone..."

click

I wonder how much hot water Jerruh can get in to for not interviewing a minority head coach??

Jerry is interviewing two minority coaches. Ray Sherman the WR coach for the Cowboys, and Todd Bowles the Assistant HC and secondary coach for the Dolphins. So Jerry is exceeding the rule, dont see any hot water there. Some speculation that Bowles may be the new DC in Dallas after the HC job to Garrett is made official.

Damn the DMN is slooooooooooooow. :)

From my Game Day coverage on Sunday:

Also of note is this interesting stat I came across yesterday:

active.gif

Several times I’ve compared Shanny to Bellichick. Here you can see he’s only 9 wins behind him. But that’s not the interesting thing that pops out to me. You have 3 of the top 5 active winningest coaches in the NFC East. Meanwhile, Jerry Jones has already pulled a page out of Dan’s playbook from last year & interviewed a minority candidate, Ray Sherman, their WR coach so he can go ahead & give Garrett the reins in Dallas.

Jerry is interviewing two minority coaches. Ray Sherman the WR coach for the Cowboys, and Todd Bowles the Assistant HC and secondary coach for the Dolphins. So Jerry is exceeding the rule, dont see any hot water there. Some speculation that Bowles may be the new DC in Dallas after the HC job to Garrett is made official.

Bowles would be a pretty good choice, but part of me would like to see (if he becomes available) Rob Ryan as the DC in Dallas........

---------- Post added January-5th-2011 at 06:03 AM ----------

Damn the DMN is slooooooooooooow. :)

From my Game Day coverage on Sunday:

if shanny stays in the NFCE for the next two or three years, he will prolly be off this list (heeehaaahaaa)

Bowles would be a pretty good choice, but part of me would like to see (if he becomes available) Rob Ryan as the DC in Dallas........

---------- Post added January-5th-2011 at 06:03 AM ----------

if shanny stays in the NFCE for the next two or three years, he will prolly be off this list (heeehaaahaaa)

har har har, lol, hey if the red head wins every game for the next two or three years....he will prolly still be off this list (heeehaaahaaa)

Archived