Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seriously, puke fans...who wants the red headed coach back?

tr1

As an opposition fan, I can truly say, I'd love him to come back. He's quite predictable, and doesn't make many second half adjustments.

I believe he'd totally neglect the defense. And, I think he has no problem with the three running backs already on board.

The only question mark about him is how he would draft...but, that's not a problem either, because we KNOW who makes those decisions.

:rotflmao:

As an opposition fan, I can truly say, I'd love him to come back. He's quite predictable, and doesn't make many second half adjustments.

I believe he'd totally neglect the defense. And, I think he has no problem with the three running backs already on board.

The only question mark about him is how he would draft...but, that's not a problem either, because we KNOW who makes those decisions.

They lost.

Get over it.

They lost.

Get over it.

I'm over it.

They came back after a dismal beginning and almost took it to OT...some here were predicting another Philly-like blow out.

BTW, getting back on topic, would you like to see Garrett return?

I wouldn't go that far. Everybody and their mother [even you Tr1 have been claiming for years] knows how paper thin Dallas's secondary is. The Skins were able to rally by picking on Alan Ball and Terence Newman down field. Alan Ball may be the worst Free Safety in the NFL. He gave up 14 points by himself. That's not on Jason Garrett adjusting. That's the Skins finding a weak point in the defense and attacking it.

Barber will not be back next year. Choice has shown over and over that he is capable of being either the 1 or the 2 in this offense. Dallas will have to get a Free Safety this off season whether it be draft or free agency. Dallas needs a new Right tackle but a Nose tackle and Free Safety needs to be priorities #1 and #2.

We will see. Last year, Jerry has found a few guys ...

Dez Bryant ... stud.

Sean Lee ... when healthy and not being trucked by Redskins, he is going to be a good ILB.

Dallas also found two Special team studs in Danny McCray and Barry Church as undrafted guys.

To answer the question, would I take JG back? Yes. I would. If it's not Bill Cowher then I do want Garrett back.

I do...for any other reason, then the fact that with a lock out looming, it will be hard if not next to impossible for another coach to come in and implement their system....and it doesn't matter who is coaching...a lot like the Skins, this team is light years away......they have way too many holes to fill to be a contender again in the next 2-3 years......

they let the Worst team in the league come back after up 20..........The horrible Skins with Rex Grossman put up a 30 spot on em...thats down right embarrassing.......at least 7-8 pieces need to be filled on the Def side of the ball...the offense is fine, just a couple OL guys away.....

but to rag on JG is a little premature, he is a RW fumble away from having had a GREAT turnaround...and he cant be blamed for that loss to the Saints.........

JG is a 8-8 coach for Dallas next year tops....any other coach coming in would be 5-11......at the very least he has his system started and in place.........

I'm not sure they need a great coach to go far. To win the SB, sure they do.

But to go deep in the playoffs, I don't believe so. They are pretty stacked--especially with receivers.

i dont know about that, but they did win a playoff game with Wade Phillips.........when they were realitivly healthy and had some luck on their side......with the normal lot of injuries and not having luck on your side all the time, they are a 8-8 team....nothing more or less......but i do like the direction of the offense, i just wish like hell they could get a really good D.Cord there and upgrade 7-8 positions...in order to do that, it will take 2-3 years or more, and by then Witten and Romo sits to pee will be aged, the line will be completely revamped, and the only "play makers" left will be Bryant, Austin and Felix Jones. ...so damn depressing.....I love football so much, but The Cowboys just do things so wrong...........

Ah........oh well, I still love the game, its a great season anyway...cant wait to see a Falcons VS Eagles playoff game, and i will be pulling for #7 and the Eagles!!!!!

I'm not sure they need a great coach to go far. To win the SB, sure they do.

But to go deep in the playoffs, I don't believe so. They are pretty stacked--especially with receivers.

With that talent, especially in receivers, comes an ego. The Cowboys need a coach who can control these egos, if they don't get one, they'll be extremely dysfunctional in my opinion.

I believe their are two types of coaches you can employ here:

a.) Drill Sgt. My way or the highway, ie Cowher, Bellichik, Shannahan

b.) Zen master. Think of the great Phil Jackson in basketball. A coach that knows how to properly manipulate all the egos in order to make everyone happy.

---------- Post added December-20th-2010 at 11:26 AM ----------

Ah........oh well, I still love the game, its a great season anyway...cant wait to see a Falcons VS Eagles playoff game, and i will be pulling for #7 and the Eagles!!!!!

+1. Obviously I'm a die hard Redskins fan, but any chance I get I watch this Eagles team. They're the definition of electric, and unfortunately for us, very fun to watch.

I am happy with the job he has done since taking over. You have stated several times that this team is not very talented. With that in mind, he has done a pretty good job....

Actually, I think it is a good question. My answer is: I don't know!! Are there better coaches out there? Sure, but the last thing I want to see is some big name coach and stupid media headlines (Jerruh vs. Parcells) like when Parcells was here.

So rolling the dice here...yes, give Carrot Top one year to see what he can do. The Cowboys won't be going into next season as SB favorites and Garrett will have a chance to set up things his way. That being said, as long as JerruhWorld continues, I think that no coach in the world will have long-term success. I hope I'm wrong, but does anybody believe that Jerruh will ever change? I don't.

Why are there bandwagon jumpers, uh, I mean cowgirl fans posting on a Redskins fan site?

bandwagon....hahahaha What "bandwagon"...Cowboys aint won a damn thing in YEARS.....this always cracks me up. LOL .....the bandwagon Cowboy fans (yes, there are a billion of em) are Saints, Falcons, Patriot and Steeler fans right now.

If they don't address their OL, it doesn't matter who the coach is. The Redskins being in a position to comeback in that game was all about the Pokes OL. They pretty much moved the ball at will until things tightened up. It wasn't so much that the Skins played good defense, but because of the Pokes' inefficiency. If they fix that, they'll be dangerous at least on offense.

I agree with tr1 about their defense though. I wouldn't trust Garrett to get on the table for any defensive talent. I think he's shown that he's all about making himself smell like a rose.

Another Agenda Fail!!!! Love It!!!! :hysterical:

It's never a failure when I get you to post...:rotflmao:

---------- Post added December-22nd-2010 at 01:09 AM ----------

he has built quite the resume for that.

Are you referring to my prediction that the pukes would not only fail to get to the SB, but that they would fail in making the playoffs?

Face it, I simply know more about your team than you do, and I'm objective.

It's never a failure when I get you to post...:rotflmao:

---------- Post added December-22nd-2010 at 01:09 AM ----------

Are you referring to my prediction that the pukes would not only fail to get to the SB, but that they would fail in making the playoffs?

Face it, I simply know more about your team than you do, and I'm objective.

hahaha...no Tr1, no you don't. I may not come across as one to obsess about a football team, because I don't use the terms "we" or "Us" ....or "my team"...when talking about The Cowboys, but i do know all about the team..........I coach football in H.S and have been a follower of the Cowboys since i was about 5 years old.....thats 34 going on 35 years worth of love for the Cowboys........and I know all about the,m,,,from X's and O'...to personnel.......

HOWEVER....it doesn't concern you, that being a Redskins "fan" that you chose to "know" that much about the Dallas Cowboys? I know what its like to be interested in football as a whole, and i certainly do take a certain bit of interest in the Skins, i mean, i post on the teams "official" fan forum.....but id be damned if i would want to be known as a Dallas fan that knows more about the skins then i do the Cowboys.....

just sayin

Merry Christmas TR1!

HOWEVER....it doesn't concern you, that being a Redskins "fan" that you chose to "know" that much about the Dallas Cowboys? I know what its like to be interested in football as a whole, and i certainly do take a certain bit of interest in the Skins, i mean, i post on the teams "official" fan forum.....but id be damned if i would want to be known as a Dallas fan that knows more about the skins then i do the Cowboys.....

just sayin

Merry Christmas TR1!

I never said I know more about the pukes than I do the Skins. I said I know more about the pukes than you do.

See the difference?

I know you're in the crowd that thinks I only post about the pukes in the ATN.

But, that's knee-jerk expected.;)

I never said I know more about the pukes than I do the Skins. I said I know more about the pukes than you do.

See the difference?

I know you're in the crowd that thinks I only post about the pukes in the ATN.

But, that's knee-jerk expected.;)

ahhh. I see, yet still wrong. You do know alot about the Cowboys....you certainly do. Maybe more then alot of the fake ass Cowboy fans...and God knows there are a ton of em (none on this site....must i see on this forum, know the team pretty well)....and Not even close to as much as me............

and for being right about a lot of things, makes no proof of anything, cause if you throw enough out there, something will stick......and when you say things like Demarcus Ware is all hype and an average player, or that you would take Armstrong/Banks over Bryant....Well any chance of being considered objective, is completely out the window.

Well tonights game was sure embarassing, and hate to have to fall back on something like this, but it was nice to see the fight the team showed to get back into the game after two kitna pick sixes had them down 14-0 on the road. But other then that, this game just continued to show the holes Dallas has on their team.

Garretts done a pretty good job so far. Personally I want him back, he's an extremely smart guy, a lot tougher personality then some realize, and has done an excellent job getting more out of this team in the 2nd half of the season. Lets be honest, he was given a 1-7 team who was playing with no heart and without their starting QB. 4-3 down the stretch is a success imo. Can't see Cowher having any interest in coaching this team, but if he did, that would definitely change things.

With Garrett, a whole new staff of defensive coaches need to be brought in. Hire a DC and let him pick his staff.

Get rid of Barber. Jones and Choice are better. Just not enough carries to go around.

Cut Colombo. He's looking old, those injuries earlier in his career are really showing. He's horrible.

Cut Gurode. I dont care how many pro bowls he's been in, the guy plays center and can't snap the ball. How many offensive plays a year get messed up by him snapping the ball too early, too late, too high, or not at all? Way too many. This has been going on his whole career, so no hope in him getting it cleaned up. And another thing, is a center who can't get the snap right really the guy you want making your line calls? Im just a fan so I dont know this, but I suspect a lot of the missed assignments up from may be on his bad calls.

Cut Brooking. Love him, smart player, plays his ass off, but he cant cover anyone. He gets toasted over the middle time and time again. Physical skills are just too diminished.

Cut Sensabaugh and Ball, or at least bring in someone to replace them. Dallas has to have had the worst saftey play in the league this season. They get beat week in and week out. Sensabaughs just not an intelligent player, and Ball cant tackle.

Buelher.. on the fence. I can see the potential, but he's been shaky this year and that missed PAT is pathetic.

Rant over.

Garretts done a pretty good job so far. Personally I want him back, he's an extremely smart guy, a lot tougher personality then some realize, and has done an excellent job getting more out of this team in the 2nd half of the season. Lets be honest, he was given a 1-7 team who was playing with no heart and without their starting QB. 4-3 down the stretch is a success imo.

4-3 is successful? Seriously? :ols:

It IS good enough to get the red head a job next year, though.

And, I can't tell you how HAPPY that makes me!

4-3 is successful? Seriously? :ols:

It IS good enough to get the red head a job next year, though.

And, I can't tell you how HAPPY that makes me!

I am fairly certain that Shanny would have been tickled to be 4-3 over the last 7....

For the record, i'm on the fence about Garrett at this point. I would let it play out in the offseason and let him compete with prospective coaches and see who has the best plan moving forward.

Archived