Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vikings QB situation is a mess

Drew_Fl

Without Favre as a band-aid, you see how terrible they really are. I think we all knew T Jackson was average at best, and that rookie they put in behind him did exactly what everyone expected. I look for them to trade up in the draft b/c even though they have a bad record, maybe not bad enough to get a great QB.

That team has sooo much talent but it could all be wasted again next year. If they can't get Luck, or possibly Mallet in the draft, I honestly think their best chance at the playoffs is doing their best to get Favre back, AGAIN. I was opposed to him coming back this year but i can't say whats right for another person. It's now clear that they have nothing at that position for next year right now.

I doubt that Favre comes back next year. He had his streak to play for before, and now that that has ended, what else does he have to play for? He already has all the records in the book, and after this year, he'll realize that getting the Vikings to the promise land next year is highly unlikely.

And hey, maybe they'll trade for that McNabb guy. ;)

Well, Webb was drafted to be a WR, not a QB. RJ Archer from W&M is on their PS and I would guess he'd be called up if they put Favre on IR.

I would guess that the team won't go to the well again with Favre, but they probably will look for a veteran to lead the team. I'm sure they will look at McNabb and Kitna in the offseason, and probably a developmental guy who can start within the next three years.

All Hail the possible return of Patrick Ramsey...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/14/vikings-could-be-kicking-tires-on-patrick-ramsey/

With Brett Favre possibly heading to injured reserve and his top reserve possibly injured on Monday night, the Vikings could be adding another quarterback to the depth chart.

We’re told that one candidate is veteran Patrick Ramsey, a one-time first-round pick who could be getting a workout with the Vikings soon.

It would be the ninth team for which Ramsey has played since entering the league with the Redskins in 2002. He also has spent time with the Jets, Broncos, Titans, Lions, Saints, Jaguars, and Dolphins.

Minnesota would also be Ramsey’s fourth team in 2010.

The former Tulane starter hasn’t played in a regular-season game since 2008. He has a career passer rating of 74.9, with 913 attempts, 511 completions, 5,930 yards, a 6.5-yard average per attempt, 35 touchdowns, and 30 interceptions.

Archived