Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac Thread week 13 2010

bishtw

9 hrs and 15 mins till kick off, anybody else awake and bored? Anybody else excited to watch our depleted secondary match up against NY's depleted WR corp? Anybody else hoping McNabb's great record against the Giants continues here in DC?

I still one of the few holding on to post season hope and know we must win out so todays game is a must plus I hate the Giants. Can't wait for kick off!! GO SKINS!

I was just asking where the hell this thread was!

I couldn't find any other threads I wanted to post in then thought about this one..I too was surprised it was never made. TV sucks tonight (or this morning). 1130am Comcast Redskins Kickoff comes on so that helps make the wait a little shorter.

Well, I've bought and watched Twilight: Eclipse twice tonight, so TV is awwweweeesomeeeee. Plus, i'm starting on my 2nd bottle of champagne, so life's good. The game will be interesting, but I'm focusing more attention on the possible lockout next year. Booo.

I'm in the boat of people who don't think there will be a lock out. I think greed will when out. There will be to much money left on the table if they don't go to work next year. I think it will an 11th hr type deal but it will get done. I actually will miss the game but will have it on DVR. My son sings in the Richmond Boys Choir. Friday night he sung for the Governor and today at 3 he is singing with the Richmond Symphony at the Carpenter Center downtown so I have to be the proud father. Hopefully no one says anything to me about the game and the drive home will be with the radio off.

Count me in the group that thinks there WILL be a lockout. Once the egos get to the table, the pissing contest will take over. The fans will clamor for a resolution and it will get done but I think we could be looking at an abbreviated season.

As for the Giants game, I REALLY can't stand Eli and would absolutely LOVE to win this game at their place but I just don't see it happening. They will dominate us. not like Philly did, but a Skins loss by around 17 points seems about right. It pains me to say it but our O-Line will struggle and our D won't play well enough to stop them.

They will dominate us. not like Philly did, but a Skins loss by around 17 points seems about right. It pains me to say it but our O-Line will struggle and our D won't play well enough to stop them.

I won't say I expect the win but I think it is absolutely winnable, that said that didn't help us against StL, Detroit, or Minny so who knows. I highly doubt that 17 points will be the margin of victory if they do win. I'm hoping their replacement WR's are worse then our back up CB and Safety and we can commit to stopping the run.

Tomorrow is really the make or break game. If we win tomorrow....so starts the "OMG we have to keep winning to stay alive" sleepless Saturday nights.

If we lose tomorrow.....the games start to lose importance. even though we wouldn't be mathematically eliminated with 7 losses necessarily.....but still.

At this point, the playoffs aren't realistic, and even if we do win out, we'll need a ****load of help to get in. I just want the guys to play hard, and give their best effort out there. This year is all about building a foundation, and finding out which guys fit, and which guys don't. With all that being said, I look forward to seeing Eli getting planted in the turf a couple of times. :D

Archived