Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "I Love Settling For Field Goals" Thread

P'Oed

So, in year 1 of a new regime, we are tied with a good team on the road 5.5 days after getting crushed and despite losing 7 players to injury in 30 minutes...and you're upset. Sounds about right these days.

And you're saying you're happy with settling for a field goal at the 2 yard line on the road with nothing at all to lose? Exactly the mentality that makes us this way year after year. And exactly the kind of mentality that makes teams like the Terp lose close game.

Oh, and God forbid someone should actually try to have a little fun on here and come up with something sarcastic.

And you're saying you're happy with settling for a field goal at the 2 yard line on the road with nothing at all to lose? Exactly the mentality that makes us this way year after year. And exactly the kind of mentality that makes teams like the Terp lose close game.

Oh' date=' and God forbid someone should actually try to have a little fun on here and come up with something sarcastic.[/quote']

I'd prefer TDs just like anyone else. I'm also smart enough to realize that we're not a very good team (talent-wise) right now and we're limited. We were in the red zone twice and scored a TD once. Heaven forbid.

Oh, and we got the sarcasm. Nice one.

Archived