Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former McNabb WR target ready again for the NFL. Should we...........

RWJ

http://nflbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/nflbuzz/veteran_wr_ready_to_go/3592126

Veteran WR ready to make his case

Kevin Curtis is ready to start working out for NFL teams.

The veteran wide receiver was treated for testicular cancer in September but has been working out for a while and is ready to resume his playing career.

“Kevin is ready. He’s feeling great,” Ryan Tollner, Curtis’ agent, told FOXSports.com. “His knee is 100 percent and he’s already passed a physical. He’s looking forward to playing."

Is this even a question. Yes, we should give him a jersey and bring him on our squad. If we don't then this will have been 3 receivers that Shanahan has passed up on and it won't create any good press if he signs with another team and does well. McNabb is familiar with him which creates more good chemistry on the field. So now, that gives us Kevin Curtis and Santana Moss as wide outs. This way, we can keep a veteran Joey Galloway in the slot for the 10 yard pick up. Of we don't want Moss in the wide out all the time, put Armstrong out there with Kevin Curtis and put Moss in the slot.

If we sign Kevin Curtis as a Redskins, I could easily see our passing game improving a tad bit. Wide Receivers coach, Keenan McCardell would probably have to put in extra hours with Shanahan and Curtis, so that he can learn the routes. But other than that, I could see this being one of the best decisions that the Redskins have made in a while. If Shanahan is going to start bringing people on the team that he knows, such as Ryan Torrain. Why not give McNabb someone that he is familiar with.

For those of you that want to see how good Kevin Curtis is; watch this video.

Since this move makes so much sense to make, I don't see us doing it. Although I would love it to happen.

McNabb should call Bruce Allen and have a talk with him about it. I'm almost willing to put money on it that, Shanahan will not do it. After all, it was Bruce Allen that went and got McNabb, not Shanahan. If McNabb would talk to Bruce Allen about it, I'm pretty sure Bruce would make it happen. Even if it means going over Shanahan's head, it's worth it. The offensive chemistry on the field could easily be improved with McNabb having a good WR that knows the routes that he wants to throw to. If Moss was in the slot, with Armstrong and Kevin Curtis was wide outs, I could see more deep plays being made.

I am in all favor of sitting down Galloway and putting Kevin Curtis on the field with Moss and Armstrong.

Bruce Allen, please go over Shanahan's head and make this happen for us. We all know Shanahan will pass up on it and let some team like the Titans or the Lions pick him up. This is a good move for us to improve our offense. I want some good Eagles chemistry on our squad. It would be something special if they signed him over the weekend so that we could play him against the Eagles on Monday Night Football.

Bruce Allen, please go over Shanahan's head and make this happen for us. We all know Shanahan will pass up on it and let some team like the Titans or the Lions pick him up. This is a good move for us to improve our offense. I want some good Eagles chemistry on our squad. It would be something special if they signed him over the weekend so that we could play him against the Eagles on Monday Night Football.

Even if we signed him or brought him in, it would probably not be until Tuesday when we brought him in... even if brought in before MNF, he would not play yet

and again, we would still be getting younger at the position even though he's 32... if we release Galloway that is!

But a Kevin Curtis is a lot better than a Joey Galloway. Just think, on how well McNabb will do throwing to a WR that he is familiar with. Kevin Curtis is the veteran that can still get under the ball if it's thrown deep. Galloway struggles from time to time and probably should be in the slot. Instead they put him on as a wide out. Kevin Curtis would make a much better wide out than Galloway.

We thought we were getting talent with Galloway and that didn't happen. Give Kevin Curtis a try and see what happens. It's very little risk getting close to the end of the season. If he is not that great, it's not going to make much of a difference by taking out Galloway. Instead Kevin Curtis will be healthier, a little quicker and familiar with McNabb. I'm looking at the good chemistry that can be made.

I, for one, would be thrilled to see us acquire CK. He's a smart, quick receiver with great hands and a knack for finding the "soft spot" in the zones. Glad the guy was able to overcome his cancer battle, and I really don't see any reason Shanny shouldn't give him a look. With that said, I'm wondering if it'll even happen. :(

I, for one, would be thrilled to see us acquire CK. He's a smart, quick receiver with great hands and a knack for finding the "soft spot" in the zones. Glad the guy was able to overcome his cancer battle, and I really don't see any reason Shanny shouldn't give him a look. With that said, I'm wondering if it'll even happen. :(

I'm willing to put doubt on Shanahan. Look at how he passed on Randy Moss. He said he would be willing to look into it and never followed threw with it. Now he is the 3rd opportunity for a good receiver. Maybe the third missed opportunity will be a charm for us. But are you willing to think that Shanahan is going to do it? I would much rather a tone of people mob the outside of Bruce Allens house with signs and push that he signs Kevin Curtis.

I'm willing to put doubt on Shanahan. Look at how he passed on Randy Moss. He said he would be willing to look into it and never followed threw with it. Now he is the 3rd opportunity for a good receiver. Maybe the third missed opportunity will be a charm for us. But are you willing to think that Shanahan is going to do it? I would much rather a tone of people mob the outside of Bruce Allens house with signs and push that he signs Kevin Curtis.

Randy Moss and Kevin Curtis is not a good comparison. I dont blame Shanny for not taking Randy Moss, he is a problem child, even if he could upgrade our team (which relies solely on the fact that he wants to only play for a winning team when he wants) if would be like having another Haynesworth situation. We already had enough offseason drama and we certainly do not need the cameras to be focused on us more. That being said, minus the comparison, Kevin Curtis is good in his own respect and will more than likely get a look from us and hopefully a spot becuase I see McNabb campaigning for him (even though it didnt work with TO) but again, Kevin Curtis will not be a problem like TO and R. Moss would have most likely been

Look at what he did under McNabb. I swear if Shanahan passes up on him too I'll just give up on him...that would be beyond ridiculous. The guy's smart, fast, and has chemistry with McNabb.

Unless Shanny already knows Donovan isn't gonna be here after the end of the season.

Archived