Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Pulling McNabb really be a message to the rest of the O?!? (discussion)

downbeat87

7 sacks in one game is ridiculous

a 33? 34? year old QB leading the team in rushing in a game is ridiculous

could it just be that after when DMac threw into triple coverage, the coaches had enough of what they were seeing? definitely, but is it because of McNabb or what McNabb had to deal with?!?

I dont find it surprising that the first play Rex comes in he gets demolished. I think that play was the microcosm of the game.

the offense failed McNabb in my opinion, therefore the general took his captain out of harms way to live another battle.

thoughts? insults? questions? shoot!

Yeah, I can't say I didn't see that coming when the offensive line got blown up again and Rex got hammered. I don't really think the game was lost there, more/less it was when McNabb threw into triple coverage and subsequently got picked off, so I guess you could argue a few points of if Shanahan just wanted to pull his captain or he was just fed up with his play.

Either way, the offensive line looks like garbage and we really don't have a running game with CP questionable the next few weeks. Even when he does get back, I'm not too optimistic the running game will look much different.

I thought about the possibility of pulling him to protect him.... but in a 16-game season where you have a shot at winning your division AND you are down by only one possession on a potential game-winning drive... you do what you think will get you the W. For some reason, our staff thought that Rex Grossman had a better chance at getting us the W.

In my mind, there's no doubt about it.

You could bench anyone else and no one would've noticed.

I'd hate to think Shanny took a loss, for the greater good.

He HAD to genuinely believe that Grossman gave them a chance to win the game.

Another question might be:

Would this team be as focused, heading into the bye, if they hadn't lost to the Lions?

Losing can be made into a good thing..

Between that and what a usually reserved Cooley said, I expect a whole lot of attitude out of all of them. It's not normal IMO for Cooley to state anything but gumdrop smile quotes. He sees the potential. I think there is a potential there. They just have to get jacked up ad say enough is enough and your not going to beat me.

I'm sure we remember what happened when McNabb was benched in Philly. There was a complete media ****-storm, then he came out and lead the eagles to win 6 out of their next 7 games on their way to the NFC championship.

I don't have a problem with the move because we were playing like crap and it definitely sends a message coming into the bye. Personally, I would have left him in, but I don't think Shanhan's an idiot for pulling him.

Archived