Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

does 2010 = 2005 all over again?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

the more i watch this team this season, the more 2005 comes to my mind. some of the similarities are pretty strange.

- both teams were led by a hall of fame head coach that preached character from his players, and emphasized ball control.

- both were led by a vet QB (although mcnabb is having a larger impact than brunell IMO)

- both featured santana moss as the #1 receiver racking up big gains (hes #5 in yards this year, he was #2 in yards that year)

we're even having similar games:

crazy game against dallas to win by small margin in 4th quarter(monday night miracle 05 vs alex barron flag 10)? check

tight ugly game against chicago decided by a few points (9-7 05 vs 17-14 10)? check

gut wrenching loss against tough AFC opponent (DEN 05 vs HOU 10) by small margin? check

beating philly 17-10 (2005) vs 17-12 (2010)? check

beating NFC superbowl favorites by FG in overtime (SEA 05, GB 10)? check

embarrassing loss on the road (36-0 NYG in 2005, 30-16 STL in 2010)? check

all were missing at this point is our blowout win, our 49ers game in which we put up 52 in 2005. they were 1-4 when we played them and killed them in week 7. and now we're going to play detroit, who is 1-5 in week 8.

a little odd doesnt it seem?

forget it being 2010 & 2005 if you would have stated does Shanahan/Haslett feel like Gibbs II with Greg Williams I would completely co-sign this thread. When Coach Gibbs was here every game got really competitive out of no where. Before you know it his teams started winning close games (ala Shanahan 2010).

What hurt was all of the close games we lost (ala Shanahan 2010). It shows you great leadership goes a long way.

forget it being 2010 & 2005 if you would have stated does Shanahan/Haslett feel like Gibbs II with Greg Williams I would completely co-sign this thread. When Coach Gibbs was here every game got really competitive out of no where. Before you know it his teams started winning close games (ala Shanahan 2010).

What hurt was all of the close games we lost (ala Shanahan 2010). It shows you great leadership goes a long way.

i just found it strange how odd some of these games are compared to the 2005 season. according to the zodiac, we blow out the lions on sunday lol!

i just found it strange how odd some of these games are compared to the 2005 season. according to the zodiac, we blow out the lions on sunday lol!

The pass happy Lions are the perfect match for our turnover craving D. Los is obviously going to match up with Cal-J (who I think is going to be a Redskin next year). I see it being 34-24 victory in our favor. Ryan Torain should carve them up. If McNabb has time to pass he will carve them up as well.

The difference is going to be out Defense generating more takeaways.

I love threads like this because I think it's very interesting to look for similarities between individual seasons in team history. The 2005 season was so magical and I'd love to match what we were able to do that year. Cool thread. The only thing that I hope differs is what happened with that team after that season...we never matched or surpassed our 2005 success.

I love threads like this because I think it's very interesting to look for similarities between individual seasons in team history. The 2005 season was so magical and I'd love to match what we were able to do that year. Cool thread. The only thing that I hope differs is what happened with that team after that season...we never matched or surpassed our 2005 success.

vinnys not here to sign a bunch of failures at free agent and trade draft picks for TJ duckett. i think were in the clear on that one. haha!

The pass happy Lions are the perfect match for our turnover craving D. Los is obviously going to match up with Cal-J (who I think is going to be a Redskin next year). I see it being 34-24 victory in our favor. Ryan Torain should carve them up. If McNabb has time to pass he will carve them up as well.

Well according to this website http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2959620

Calvin Johnson is not going anywhere anytime soon, why would Detroit trade their best offensive weapon now when he's young and just starting to reach his prime?

Well according to this website http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2959620

Calvin Johnson is not going anywhere anytime soon, why would Detroit trade their best offensive weapon now when he's young and just starting to reach his prime?

He was talking like he wanted out last offseason. I wouldn't mind trading a pick for a young HUNGRY stud.

He was talking like he wanted out last offseason. I wouldn't mind trading a pick for a young HUNGRY stud.

You would have to trade the farm for him multiple picks and then he's going to want an extension soon I would pass now if he becomes a FA in a few years then different story but I just don't see Detroit letting their best player leave

You would have to trade the farm for him multiple picks and then he's going to want an extension soon I would pass now if he becomes a FA in a few years then different story but I just don't see Detroit letting their best player leave

He doesn't want to be in loser land. I honestly don't think we would have to trade the house for him. Johnson, Moss, Armstrong, Cooley, Davis would solidify the WR corp. If Kelly comes on great if not he gets axed.

That allows us to shift our focus completely to O-line, D-line, & LB

we're even having similar games:

crazy game against dallas to win by small margin in 4th quarter(monday night miracle 05 vs alex barron flag 10)? check

I just have to say that no game will equal the Monday Night Miracle we had in 05. Losing 13-0 late in the game against the boys of cow and we come back to win with two bombs on MNF. It's hard to compare our first game with that miracle... just sayin.

I just have to say that no game will equal the Monday Night Miracle we had in 05. Losing 13-0 late in the game against the boys of cow and we come back to win with two bombs on MNF. It's hard to compare our first game with that miracle... just sayin.

That game is unique, but we earned this year's game against Dallas more so than we did in 2005's game at Dallas. We controlled this year's game while Dallas dominated the 2005 game in Big D.

Edit: Oh, and the Monday Night Miracle is the Jets/Dolphins game. I think this one is called the Midnight Miracle.

He doesn't want to be in loser land. I honestly don't think we would have to trade the house for him. Johnson, Moss, Armstrong, Cooley, Davis would solidify the WR corp. If Kelly comes on great if not he gets axed.

That allows us to shift our focus completely to O-line, D-line, & LB

Detroit is building a team pretty fast, I understand not wanting to play on a losing team but look at that team and tell me that you don't think that in 2 years when he's at his full potential that the Lions aren't competing for a division title. They have a lot of what you need to be successful, Young Franchise QB, Stud WR, 2 headed running attack, Young talented TE, Potential All-Pro DT, Talented players who are starting to come into their own. They are going to fix this team and Mayhew is a great GM. If I were Johnson I personally wouldn't leave I would stay in Detroit looking at what is being done there. Also it would cost the farm again put yourself in Detroit's shoes, your top player wants out and you want the most for him, would you just let him walk for a 1st round pick. No you want multiple top picks for him a lot like Denver got from Chicago for Cutler

Like others have said, I don't think landing CJ would happen. No way Detroit lets him go. How many more years left on his contract?

Archived