Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Ryan Torain is the man ... for now

themurf

You stated the obvious without looking more into the reality.

Torain got unlucky and is now healthy and built like a brick house!

He has been training for over 20 months at Triple Threat in Arizona. They are top notch and no joke. Check out where Ryan Torain has been working out to get this shot:

Torain will produce or die in the process!

HTTR!!!

40 carries for 185 yards are impresssive numbers, regardless. Yes, that's all he's done since 2008, but.....he's only played in four games, and didn't start in any of them. I can't wait to see what this guy does with 25 - 30 carries in a game.

Hey, I'd be happy to be wrong on this one. All I'm saying is that nothing in recent history suggests that everything is going to be perfect and that Ryan Torain is the sure-fire solution to life without Clinton Portis.

Guest Spearfeather
Hey, I'd be happy to be wrong on this one. All I'm saying is that nothing in recent history suggests that everything is going to be perfect and that Ryan Torain is the sure-fire solution to life without Clinton Portis.

Have people really been saying that Torain is the " sure-fire solution " and " everything is going to be perfect "? I haven't heard much of that.

I have heard people say they're eager to see what he can do in the starters role, based on how he's performed so far with the chances he's been given.

I've also heard people say that if he stays healthy, he could have a shot at getting a majority of the carries or splitting time with another RB, whoever that may be.

Have people really been saying that Torain is the " sure-fire solution " and " everything is going to be perfect "? I haven't heard much of that.

I have heard people say they're eager to see what he can do in the starters role, based on how he's performed so far with the chances he's been given.

I've also heard people say that if he stays healthy, he could have a shot at getting a majority of the carries or splitting time with another RB, whoever that may be.

That's basically the gist of how people have viewed Torain ever since he first showed up in Denver. No one expects greatness out of him but they know the kid can play and have high hopes.

Torain has played better than Portis in his only two games and is obviously a more durable runner. I'm glad he's now the starter.

I disagree. Portis was the more consistent performer against the Eagles until his injury, the numbers and the reality of what happened to our offense proves that.

I disagree. Portis was the more consistent performer against the Eagles until his injury, the numbers and the reality of what happened to our offense proves that.

Personally, I think they were both pretty good. As you say, Portis was the more consistent performer and is definitely the better blocker, but Torain can break some tackles, which I never really saw much of from Portis.

I think we all have the righto be skeptical, and my fingers are crossed for obvious reasons. After its all said and done, I just hope we draft a quality every down RB in next year. I agree with a lot of points in here, from what we've seen its hard to expect much out of the many journey men that have fallen to Washington.

I'm rooting for anyone they hand the ball off to, and I look forward to seeing Torain carve up more yards

I'd point out that a year of unfortunate injuries doesn't immediately mean the guy is made of glass. He's a big, strong, down-hill runner that lowers his shoulder and seeks the extra yards. What more could you ask for in a young RB? He injured his elbow and got stacked up and bent backwards until his ACL popped...That doesn't mean the guy is injury prone. It means the guy unfortunately had a couple of major injuries back in 2008. It's been 2 years and prime time for a young guy with an ACL injury to be fully healthy and ready to hit the gaps.

Coach Shanahan likes the one cut, downhill runners. He runs them hard. You might be able to make the argument that Shanahan has a history of using up the best years of young RB's. He get's them to produce and run their assess off from the beginning of OTA's until they get traded or go on IR. For some reason he always has a fresh horse in the stall waiting to run. It's probably for a reason. He uses them up and discards them.

I would look for youth at the RB position from here on out. Torain, Williams, and Simpson are just what Shanahan ordered. The young guns will run just like the others before them and will produce. It's just a matter of how long they can do it.

HTTR!!!

Sorry brah, unfortunately Torain's injury problems are dated back as far as his JUCO days. He would have been a 2nd round pick if he hadn't missed the last 7 games of his senior season at ASU.

He's 6'1'' and runs like he's 6'4'' but so does the NFL's leading rusher.

It's only a matter of time before Torain goes down, but I'm way more excited about him in the backfield than I am with Portis.

im glad torrains the man...im also glad we will get to see some of our younger backs go to work. this is what weve needed back there in the back field. hungier backs with a chip on their shoulder that feel like that need to prove themselves...humble backs who understand that this is their shot. CP has been way overdo for a trade/cut......now lets take the all torrain train all the way to the playoffs!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived