Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The first eWMD, The Stuxnet Virus... BARES FRUIT!

JMS

I think it did all of the above... but it did so sporatically... one day these centerfuges would work and those wouldn't quite work; the next day those would work but these wouldn't quite work. The net result was the Iranians trying to produce very refined quantities of radioactive material were not able too...

But what was that about an explosion?: I've not read anything about an explosion...

Two Iranian Scientists were attacked by motorcyclists that attached bombs to their vehicles, at least one of them died.

Two Iranian Scientists were attacked by motorcyclists that attached bombs to their vehicles, at least one of them died.

And they are blaming us? Since when do we use motorcyclists to blow up cars? We're the guys who shoot missiles from 200 miles away and then apologize for the mistake. We don't typically use the Flying Wallendas..

Could be Israel, but it doesn't sound like it was planned very well leaving one guy alive, which would cross out Israel... It could be Iraqi sunni's, Saudi Arabia or any number of internal dissident groups native to Iran... Why are they picking on us?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/29/iran-bomb-blast-kills-nuclear-scientist_n_789018.html

They have been having health problems for some reason

not our fault though

Asked about the Iranian accusations, Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev said Israel did not comment on such matters. In Washington, U.S. State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said, "We decry acts of terrorism, wherever they occur. And beyond that, we do not have any information on what happened."

added

I blame the Saudis

And they are blaming us? Since when do we use motorcyclists to blow up cars? We're the guys who shoot missiles from 200 miles away and then apologize for the mistake. We don't typically use the Flying Wallendas..

Could be Israel, but it doesn't sound like it was planned very well leaving one guy alive, which would cross out Israel... It could be Iraqi sunni's, Saudi Arabia or any number of internal dissident groups native to Iran... Why are they picking on us?

Oh I do think it was Israel. The bombs were apparently designed to minimize collateral casualties (One of the Scientists wives was in the passenger seat and was uninjured). I don't think the other suspects you mentioned would have given two cents about hurting the wife.

I don't think we were suprised. I think we wrote the freaking thing.... Everybody thinks it might have been Israel. I think it more likely that it was the United States. Our Cyber Command has about 10 times as much resources as the Israeli's do. We've got a four star heading that effort up which is pretty significant. George Bush authorized them to develop offensive capabilities.

I think they reached out and thwacked Iran, and thwacked htem so hard that it took a year before Iran even figured out they were thwacked.

lol, my use of the word "we" is lost on you ;)

Oh I do think it was Israel. The bombs were apparently designed to minimize collateral casualties (One of the Scientists wives was in the passenger seat and was uninjured). I don't think the other suspects you mentioned would have given two cents about hurting the wife.

And Israel would? Israel likes to fire hellfire missiles into appartment complexes to take out suspected terrorists along with anybody living near buy... They use the same tactics against guys in cars on crowded streets all the time.. Israel doesn't give a lick about collateral damage as long as they get their man.

I agree with you though I don't think iranian insurgents would be sophisticated enough to do such a thing. Why they would target nuclear scientists is also puzzeling...

Probable was the Saudi's. It's got that energetic, amaturish swashbucking feel to it endemic to Saudi Arabia's covert ops.... Not Israel, Not us eather.

---------- Post added December-16th-2010 at 03:45 PM ----------

The reports of Stuxnet causing problems in their military systems is kinda funny,as is the attempts to purge infiltrators.

Having your technology turn on ya is a bit unsettling

Securing a large network is a very difficult thing to do. We have spent billions hardenning our security for just such attacks on our internal networks.

I don't think Iran's got the money, or expertise to sufficently harden their facility to cyber attacks. They can figure the Stuxnet out, just in time to face the stuxnet II. We could likely keep the virus attacks up forever and even make them more effective as time goes on....

It doesn't boad well for the IRanians that it took them a year just to figure out they had a problem either...

Archived