Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Sally Jenkins; Washington Redskins need to take a punch, and throw even more.

WhoRUSupposed2Be

The article is spot on and all the air has been let out of the balloon and the curtain pulled by the Rams.

If you ask me it's a wrap now, teams are once again licking the chops to play us. This team needs to be gutted even if it means a losing season. Wait! we may still have a losing season so we should have started it this year. Wait! we traded another high draft pick for a older QB that the Eagles no longer wanted because they had a backup plan for the backup plan. Because while most losing organizations we're in need of a QB and maybe a backup QB. They we're confused scratching their heads on whether to sign Vick or not and the Eagles organization got smart once again and took a chance. And if any one didn't think Vick was gonna get back to form eventually and didn't want him, then more likely they are fans of a losing franchise in need of a QB or 2.

Anyhow, no I'm not turning to a Eagles fan OK.

Next year, we need to start the rebuilding project or just go ahead and sign Mcnabb to a high contract and get back on this Merry-Go-Round to just be dissapointed at the end.

I don't know how much punching we can do is when all we do is get punched in the mouth constantly. Our team needs to SMACK the gorilla in da mouth and kick'em when their down and kick'em again when they try to get up.

This. Skins better come into this game with urgency. No one is expecting them to beat Philly (just like no one expected the Rams to beat the Skins.) They need a spark early (kick off return for TD, INT for TD, etc) to get on the board fast. If they have to come from behind and don't make adjustments like in the Rams game, then you can expect Philly to fly all over us. If they can pull off this win it'll be HUGE. 2-2 on top of the NFC East and 2-0 in the division. My faith is waning, but there's still a chance. HTTR

Our team is also struggling because of the defense. A defense not ranked 32nd and at least 18th wins our past 2 games....so no I don't think this is the EXACT same Skins team. Quite frankly...people expected trouble with the defense but no one expected the struggle to be this strong

That said, I 60% agree with her draft mindset. But I also believe in free agency and trades...they're there for a reason. A good mix of trades, free agency, and draft is what makes great teams. We don't just want a young team...we want a competent confident talented team. That isn't guaranteed just because you have plenty of draft picks...it's guaranteed because you make good team building decisions overall

The defense isn't as bad as it seems. It any team in the NFL opened the season against Dallas and Houston who have two very explosive offenses, then they would be ranked dead last in the NFL too. Although the Redskins should have defeated the Rams, I'm just going to look at this past game as a learning experience for me as a fan and one for the players. They will play much better next week simply because they have to.

Our team is also struggling because of the defense. A defense not ranked 32nd and at least 18th wins our past 2 games....so no I don't think this is the EXACT same Skins team. Quite frankly...people expected trouble with the defense but no one expected the struggle to be this strong

That said, I 60% agree with her draft mindset. But I also believe in free agency and trades...they're there for a reason. A good mix of trades, free agency, and draft is what makes great teams. We don't just want a young team...we want a competent confident talented team. That isn't guaranteed just because you have plenty of draft picks...it's guaranteed because you make good team building decisions overall

Sounds like you should have written this article. I was about to post the same thing. Sally is wrong on the draft because drafts are like crap shoots. I think this regime will address issues much better than the old one though and the team will be fine even though I think Haslett could be replaced sooner rather than later.

I think the Redskins can win with the roster they currently have. I know the roster is the oldest in the league, but if I am not mistaken the New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl last year with the second oldest roster in the league. It isn't about age, it is about quality and the will to win. I think this team has a lot of quality players on its roster, but I often question their will to win.

HTTR

Are you serious? A slew of sixth and seventh round picks don't make the squad and you are ready to call the draft a bust? We had one legit draft pick in round one. With that pick we landed a key building block to arguably the most important position on the field. We had no other legit draft picks ... and that is why we have no other legit young talent from the draft.

Landing a left tackle as good as Williams and Mcnabb with the second round pick couldnt have been done any better.

Two major holes on the team last season are not the reason for our struggles this season.

Shanny and Allen did the best with what they could IMO.

Great point, Shanny brought in so much competition this year, it's not his fault the competition wasn't superstars. He only had so many drafts and players to chose from.

Archived