Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin Preseason Grades Offense

Redskinswhoopass

I Know I know Preseason means nothing, but I am still think you can see some things through Pre-Season.

Ramsey: B Johnson: C Wufferl: D-

At QB Ramsey I must say looks Pretty good, he has had a lot dropped passes Which must stop. But he looks smarter and throwing more accurate. Rob Johnson well he is an ok backup.I am still bitter we signed Wufferful back, what a loser.

Collective Grade: C

Runningbacks

Trung looks quick, but he really has shown me that he can carry the load throughout the regualur season. And he really hasn't stepped that far away from the heard of other RB's. C

Watson looks strong, and in nice to have a Power RB back there. I hope we don't get rid of him. C

Betts has been to injuryed for me to really judge him, but in the limited time he got he did poor. D

Chad Morton looks more like a Trung, but with better hands. He dosen't have the RB Vision but best hands out of the bunch.C-

Mcclough(however you spell it) Looks great in preseason, but he is always going against 3rd and 4th string. D+

Collective Grade: C

WR's

Coles looks amazing, so gald we got him. A

Gardner has been kinda of missing, but he is a proven WR. B+

Taylor Jacobs has shown he as speed, and will be a nice 3rd down WR. C+

Patrick Johnson shows he has a some solid hands and some speed to match. C+

The rest bunch into a C-.

Collective Grade: B-

TE's

Zeron Flemister dropped a few balls already and seems to be a the decline. D

Robert Royal I think the best in the bunch has shown to be a soild blocker and some pretty soild hands. C

Leonard Stephens Good Blocker, ok hands. D+

Collective Grade: D+

Offensive Line Collective Grade: B-

I don't think you should give the Skins an overall grade for the preseason. I think you should look at it from week to week.

Did they improve from Week 1 to Week 2? Yes

Did they improve further from Week 2 to Week 3? Yes

Did they improve from Week 3 to Week 4? Who cares, most of the starters probably will play one or two series if at all. As long as there are no injuries this week!!!!!!

I did the same thing with the Giants and came up with the same answers.

Good point Tom. As long as the improvement is there (and I believe that it is) it shows that these guys are capable of going out week after week and learning. I think it's safe to say the most of them have the skills necessary to make it in the NFL, but can they adapt to new systems, schemes, plays, etc. If they prove they can learn every week and learn from their mistakes hopefully the grades will continue to improve.

On the other hand, has Zeron learned anything....ever? He is still horrible.

Kind of harsh to say Sultan did "great" and then give him a D+. If he did great... shouldn't he at least get a B. Can't downgrade him for doing what he was supposed to when he got a chance.

I wouldn't say Gardner did all that well... he was invisible. I'm not worried, but he hardly shined.

Wow-

Mad Mike, thank you for your insight. The D- rating is a travesty, and it has spurned many an XSkin reader here in Gainesville. However, he certainly has played at least up to Sackmaster Johnson's level. Yeah, 4-4: AWFUL!! WOEFUL!!!

I don't think so, naysayers.

Look, the bottom line is that we shouldn't be so very hard on this guy because he's on our team. He's a QB. He's a great guy and someone who desperately wants to make a difference. He's going to go in there tonight, make a difference, and win a game for us. And here's my guarantee:

His QB Efficiency will be off the charts. That's right, 100+.

Yours truly,

-Admiral C.W. Waugh

PS*** If only we had Chris Doering back to be his receiver........

Archived