Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the real Michael Vick?

Big Weirdo

I heard the asking price for Vick in the offseason was a 2nd rounder. Considering the Skins gave up a 2nd and 3rd for McNabb, the inevitable question for Skins fans has to be would you rather have a 34 year old McNabb for a 2nd and 3rd or a 30 year old Vick for a 2nd right now?

McNabb>>>>>Vick and I don't think it's even a question. 34 yrs old is irrelevant for a QB. I would have taken Vick for a few games, but as a QB for a few years no thanks.

McNabb is my favorite QB of all time and Vick is my least favorite QB of all time but like OWU said, I can't just keep discounting what my eyes are telling me. Then again, how many times have we ever seen a complete ascendancy for an NFL player who had years and solid tape in the league? Has a player ever went from average to outstanding after a few years in the league?

It seems, to me, at least, that Vick is the right QB at the right time for the right set of offensive players. The Eagles have lots of speed on offense which plays into Vicks ability to extend plays and throw the ball far downfield. I think this benefitted McNabb last year as well.

I just can't believe that Vick is great. I don't want to believe it. I hate him.

McNabb is my favorite QB of all time and Vick is my least favorite QB of all time but like OWU said, I can't just keep discounting what my eyes are telling me. Then again, how many times have we ever seen a complete ascendancy for an NFL player who had years and solid tape in the league? Has a player ever went from average to outstanding after a few years in the league?

It seems, to me, at least, that Vick is the right QB at the right time for the right set of offensive players. The Eagles have lots of speed on offense which plays into Vicks ability to extend plays and throw the ball far downfield. I think this benefitted McNabb last year as well.

I just can't believe that Vick is great. I don't want to believe it. I hate him.

Drew Brees?

I do agree with your second paragraph. Jackson/Maclin do stretch the D quite a bit. It will be interesting to see how they do against a team that can cover them and compress the field for Vick.

Why do you hate Vick? Not being facetious, just curious. Because of dog-fighting?

He was always my least favorite player in the league when he was with Atlanta. Just something about him and his punk attitude. I know he seems like a different guy now.

However, the dog fighting thing. I don't want to get off track on this football discussion but it's not just the dog fighting. The bashing their heads against the cement to kill them if they weren't performing....I'm sorry, I can't forgive someone for that.

Thats the thing no one is going to be able to cover Mac/Jackson and Vick at the same time. Unless one of them gets hurt. Teams are going to have to outscore them and pick their poison. Contain Vick/run game and sacrifice the passing game or vice versa. He has become a legitimate dual threat. Pass first run later. Goes through his progression and his passes are accurate. Scary

Well, that assumes that you accept the standard "QB Rating", or even the completion % statistic, as a signifier of a winning QB.

I think what many people are saying is that with a QB like Vick, you can't do that. You have to watch him play. I'm not sure that I'm in that group, but I see what they're saying.

Stats are stats. Winning can be more than that.

And as you keep bringing up his QB Rating and completion percetage, and Vick keeps winning more games playing his way, I think I know who's side of the argument I'm likely to fall on.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Who do you see ranked at #29 and #30 defensively. It would be the Jacksonville Jaguars and Detroit Lions. Which team has Vick blew up on? You guessed, it. The Jacksonville Jaguars and Detroit Lions. Blowing up against two teams with one of the worst NFL defenses isn't showing me anything.

Before you say it. The defense rankings last year for both Detroit and Jaguars.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Overall #23 and #32 (27th and 32nd in passing defense)

Come back to me when Vick puts those types of numbers up against a real defense. You guys buy into the hype, and I'm hoping like hell the Eagle fans are too because it's going to be that much sweeter when they find out exactly why Vick sucks.

Let me show you another stat that is going to put the nail in the coffin.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED&d-447263-n=1

Vick is tied in the NFL with 11 sacks taken. There was a thread sometime back about how sacks were worse than INTs, and they had the numbers to back it up. It was better for a QB to throw a INT than get sacked. He's had 11 sacks and has played HORRIBLE defenses. I don't care how bad their offensive line is, the teams they are playing are horrible defensively. It's coming, and I'll be here to say......I TOLD YOU SO. I've been right all along about Vick so far in the NFL (as with Campbell), and I'm willing to bet you that I'll continue to be right in the long run.

Come back to me when Vick puts those types of numbers up against a real defense. You guys buy into the hype, and I'm hoping like hell the Eagle fans are too because it's going to be that much sweeter when they find out exactly why Vick sucks.

He did pretty well against GB.

You're probably right, he's not as good against better defenses. I don't think most Eagle fans are buying in to the hype, at least I'm not. He is playing much better than Kolb did, and that's probably all that matters.

As to sacks, I remember the Eagles sacking Rothlisberger 9 times in a game a couple of years ago, and they went on to win the SB. Extrapolating season results form 2.5 games is good for an argument, but that's about it.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Who do you see ranked at #29 and #30 defensively. It would be the Jacksonville Jaguars and Detroit Lions. Which team has Vick blew up on? You guessed, it. The Jacksonville Jaguars and Detroit Lions. Blowing up against two teams with one of the worst NFL defenses isn't showing me anything.

Thats because he uses his legs to extend the play. Anybody with any kind of mobility will give up more sacks. Which Philly game do you expect to say I told you so?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED&d-447263-n=1

Vick is tied in the NFL with 11 sacks taken. There was a thread sometime back about how sacks were worse than INTs, and they had the numbers to back it up. It was better for a QB to throw a INT than get sacked. He's had 11 sacks and has played HORRIBLE defenses. I don't care how bad their offensive line is, the teams they are playing are horrible defensively. It's coming, and I'll be here to say......I TOLD YOU SO. I've been right all along about Vick so far in the NFL (as with Campbell), and I'm willing to bet you that I'll continue to be right in the long run.

Thats because he uses his legs to extend the play. Anybody with any kind of mobility will give up more sacks. Which Philly game do you expect to say I told you so?

• 1 month later...
I don't care how bad their offensive line is, the teams they are playing are horrible defensively. It's coming, and I'll be here to say......I TOLD YOU SO. I've been right all along about Vick so far in the NFL (as with Campbell), and I'm willing to bet you that I'll continue to be right in the long run.

m_vick_101116_CP.jpg

Back on top

:laugh:

Good ol dock.

Idiot. You are the type of fan that looks at the final score to determine how close a game was. I actually like this, because not only can Vick be beaten, but the Eagles don't have him signed. So they'll get to the paloffs maybe, but there is no way the Offensive line can support a championship, and I think every Eagles fan knows this except you. And the book can still be on Vick, forcing him to beat you with his feet, and jamming his receivers. So, they'll get a good run, have one more year since 1960, before you were even born, and then they have to decide what to do with Vick.

So congrats on that, Bania. You either get to sign the player you hate the most, or you get to start over.

I love how most Eagle fans wanted Vick traded for value before the season started because he sucks, but now he's a superstar.

To be fair, I'm not sure anyone could have expected this out of him. I wouldn't have even had a problem if they released him after the incident at the party he was at in the offseason.

I expect the Eagles to re-sign him and trade Kolb for a fairly high draft pick after the season. The problem with that is with Vick you need to have an exceedingly competent backup, because I worry he's going to get injured every time he breaks the pocket.

Archived